Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Look at these!


Card club was so much fun last nite! As I posted earlier, our group gets together once a month. We take turns bringing a "shoebox" with a card inside ready to assemble. We pay each person $1 for the card they brought for us to make. We do 5 cards each time. Take a look at these!















The vest card was made by Deb. How neat is that? I had a lot of fun making it. I noticed the paper was from Making Memories. If you look close it has glitter on the stripes. We used punches to cut the vest out.
Kathy made this card. I love this color combo! It's a 5 1/2" by 5 1/2" square card. I really like square cards and noticed you can buy envelopes for these in the SU catty on page 167. I think I will have to get some. We are all feeling sad Kathy is moving. We wish you the best, though, and I promise to post all our cards each month to keep you in the loop!
Here is the lemonade card Diane and I brought last nite. If you scroll down you can find another post with all the info to make it. We are doing one next month too. We better start thinking, Diane!




This Birthday card was made by Jo. You can't really see the paper the card was made with on this photo, but it is wood grain. It went perfect with the tool theme stamps. Inside it said,"Have a day filled with fun to spare!" Everyone really liked this one,too.


This card was made by one of our SU Demonstrators, JaNell. We got to use some of the things from the new catty! The scallop edge punch is awesome! This is a nice color combo using the new Baja Breeze. The stamp is embossed in white from the new Dreams du Jour set. Beautiful!


All the cards were fun to make and as usual I am already looking forward to next month! Mona was not able to come last nite, but she sent a card along that I think is clever.


She used box elder tree seeds to make a mosquito! I know where you got the ribbon,too,MONA. Our church celebrated a 100 year anniversary a few weeks ago and on the tables were decorations with lots of ribbon. There was also ribbon on our napkins,too. I couldn't stand to see people just throw it away,so I put it in my purse.{I would have dug through the garbage too, but my hubby said no} Anyway, I saw Mona and as I walked by her, I opened my purse slightly to show her my ribbon stash. She smiled and opened her purse. Guess what was inside?


1 comment:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Hi Laurie!!! Just cruised your blog -- very nice!!! Welcome to Blogland -- you'll enjoy it!!! Your cards from the ladies group meeting were all very nice - what a great bunch to get to make!! TFS!!!