Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sympathy card

Good morning! It sure is foggy here. Hope it clears up soon! I have a sympathy card to show you today. The colors for this card are old olive and apricot appeal. They look good together, don't you think? It's one of my favorite color combos. The flower was made with the scallop punch just cutting down the scallops toward the center. My button jar just happened to have a perfect match for the old olive paper, so I used that for the center of my flower. I ran the apricot paper through my CB, and used the embrace life set and Gods blessings. I really like both sets. I use Gods blessing alot. I wish SU would come out with more word sets! I do love the new set Heard from the Heart though.{page 145}It's on my wish list, which grows each day! Every time I get on the computer I find more I want to buy! I am really liking my Nestabilities and plan to order the scallop ovals this month. Check out http://ucutathome.com/ for a good deal on them. I haven't seen them cheaper any where else. http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/spellbinders_faq/index.html has alot of info on them that you may find useful. I haven't done much embossing with them yet,mostly cutting and layering. It will be interesting to see the new dies from SU that are coming out soon. I have heard that some of them will be able to be used in a cuttle bug with a special way to stack the sandwich. Can't wait to try em!

No comments: