Friday, October 17, 2008

Halloween Center Piece

This is another tin I bought at Target in the dollar spot. Isn't it amazing what one can find there? Treasures that's for sure. Stuff you just gotta have. Stuff that just finds its way into your cart. I found some cool stuff to put in our son's Halloween care box (for college finals}I have been working on. He loves The Office show on NBC Thursday nights, but gets little time to watch it as he is usually busy that nite. So last Christmas we gave him all the seasons on DVD. Over Christmas break when he had his wisdom teeth out, I sat and watched with him and then I got HOOKED, too. We laughed until it hurts. Anyway, at the Target dollar spot they had all sorts of fun Office show stuff like notepads, pens, magnets, squeeze heads for stress relief, all sorts of things. Just perfect for sticking in his box for a laugh. Even though our daughter is out of college, I'll send her a box too. When I get them done, I'll post a picture.

So back to the Halloween tin! My friend Jody gave me a few pixie stix she had left over from a project and let me use her Batty for You stamp set the other day, so I stuck them in this tin with one of the little pumpkins I made by gluing ten tab punches together. I have it setting out as a decoration, and it makes me smile everytime I look at it! Look what you can do with a dollar.


  • Recipe:

  • Paper: black, yellow, white, pumpkin pie, eggplant, old olive

  • Ink: Black Stazon

  • Stamps: Batty for You

  • Other: scallop circle punch, circle punches, old olive ribbon for the stem of the pumpkin

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

This is so cute! I think I need a target closer to my house!

Jody said...

BOOtiful work! Target is amazing, I thank them every time I go for their dollar section.