Saturday, October 18, 2008

Old Olive or Kiwi Kiss?


So which green do you like the best? Old Olive or Kiwi Kiss? I can't decide. Old Olive has always been my favorite, but I do like Kiwi Kiss more and more. And what about last years in color, Wild Wasabi? I loved that too, and I have some stashed away. That's the problem with SU in colors. They are fun while new, but you never want to use them up when they retire cuz you can't buy them anymore! I look at the Wild Wasabi and think, "I better not use it, I have to save it for a worthy project." But then I NEVER use it, I still have some Cranberry Crisp I horded from 2 years ago. Oh well, I guess I need to get over it! I made this Christmas card with Real Red and added Old Olive with some of last years designer Christmas paper. I'm glad Old Olive isn't an in color! You can't see from the picture very well, but I put crystal effects over the bulbs on the trees.
Today we will spend most of the day outside getting our fall chores done. There is raking to do and we have to take our boat lift and dock in which is a major production. First the guys put waders on and push the lift in. No easy task as it settles in the sand over the summer. They float it up with old rubber black tire tubes. Then they hook up winches to the truck and pull out the dock. But wait, we are still not done! Then the pieces have to be moved and stored. The paddle boat has to be stored. (the boat is already in} The lawn furniture stored. The gutters cleaned that are full of leaves. The pump has to be pulled in from the lake from the sprinkling system. The pipes have to be blown out so it doesn't freeze. Finally after all that, we will be ready for snow. And cold. And ice. You know it will be here. It's just a matter of time. There is no hiding. {except for snowbirds like Diane who will spend her winter down south} I can remember many Halloweens where the kids and I trudged through snow and ice to trick or treat! Hopefully we will get it all done today so no stamping for me. One great thing thinking about winter though, are all the long cozy days and nights of stamping that are ahead for me!


  • Recipe:


  • Paper: real red, old olive, white, designer paper


  • Ink: Old Olive, real red


  • Stamps: Punch Pals, Stampendous


  • Other: old olive ribbon,word window punch, crystal effects

No comments: