Friday, November 14, 2008

Harvest Blessing Mix



I made some Blessing Mix, packaged it, tied it with felt ribbon and put it inside this cute wicker pumpkin I found at Michael's. I am going over to a friends house to stamp and scrap and I wanted to bring alittle something to give her. I rolled up the recipe, tied it with some old olive ribbon, and am going to stick it inside the pumpkin along with the mix. I made a small tag with a Thanksgiving stamp I got from my daughter. It's from Stampendous. I used craft, more mustard, and chocolate chip paper for the tag and choc. chip SU ink. I tied it onto the stem of the pumpkin with old olive ribbon. Here is the recipe for the mix:

Harvest Blessing Mix

Bugles: cornucopia, horn of plenty

Pretzels: represents arms folded in thanks

Candy corn: During the first Thanksgiving that winter, the pilgrims were each allotted only 5 kernels of corn per day because food was so scarce

Dried fruit: Thanksgiving is a celebration of the harvest

Peanuts or sunflower seeds: represent the potential of a bounteous harvest for the next season


Well, I better pack all my stuff and head over for a fun day of stampin and scrappin! I can't wait to see what we come up with. It's always interesting! I'll post some of the things we make today soon, so keep checking back!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

That wicker basket is really cool. What a perfect thing to use for the occasion! Sounds like you're in for a fun day.