Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pumpkin recipes

Opps! I just noticed my small pumpkin must have slippped down when I took this photo. I don't have time to redo, but you can still read the recipe, so I will leave it for now!
This dessert feeds quite a few because it's so rich you may want to cut the pieces smaller. It has lotsa butter so you know it tastes great! I have made it many times and it is wonderful. Here's another lighter pumpkin recipe:


Crustless pumpkin pie is a real treat for WW people as it is only 1 "thingy"
for 1 piece. Put a dab of lite Cool Whip on top and you will never notice the crust is missing! I make it year round. I love pumpkin pie so I don't wait for the Holidays. Brent likes it too, and not once has noticed that it hasn't a crust or is made with lighter ingredients!

I have to add another favorite pumpkin recipe. It's another winner! This is from a co-worker at school. She brings it quite often and it's become her signature dish around work. It's really delicious. I guess you think all we do at work is eat with all the recipes I share from there!

Pumpkin Pie Squares

1 c. flour

1/2 c. quick oats

1/2 c. brown sugar

1/2 c. butter,softened
Crust: Mix together and press in UN greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

Filling:
1 can pumpkin {#2}

1 lg. can evaporated milk

2 eggs

1 and 1/2 T. pumpkin spice

1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. brown sugar

Mix and pour over crust and bake 20 minutes longer.

Topping:

1/2 c. brown sugar

1/2 c. chopped pecans

2 T. butter

Mix and crumble over the top. Bake for 15 minutes longer or until set.


Hope you enjoy these recipes!

1 comment:

Cindi said...

great recipes!! these sound delish, and look so pretty. I love to make 6x6 recipe cards, and I'm enjoying looking at yours.
:)