Sunday, August 10, 2014

Paper Players color challenge


Nance has a pretty color challenge this week at  Paper Players:




It's kinda funny...I don't work with any of these colors very often, so I was surprised when I saw them. They look so beautiful together!!!
This was going to be a real challenge for me, though, as I wasn't even sure I had them all.

I found a lonely sheet of the coral and a half of the blushing bride. At this point I was thinking I'd need to make a few phone calls to see if any friends had what I needed! But I dug further....

I only had the gray and honey for inks, and  managed to find some DP that had the gray, but I had plenty of hello honey card stock. I ordered a pack when the new catty came out.

 That's kinda funny too. If you look at the card I had the most hello honey paper and I used it the least....a tiny center for the flower!

 I had all my supplies ready, and decided flowers were the best way to go with what I had. I don't typically do much layering, but I was already out of my box with the colors, so I gave it a go!

If you want to play along...head on over to Paper Players...it's lots of fun!

Stamps: SU petite pairs
Ink: SU black
Paper: SU DP, calypso coral, hello honey, basic gray, white, blushing bride
Other: SU daisy die, doily die, circle punch,pearls,decorative dots embossing folder, MB flourish, LI stitched dies





13 comments:

Carole said...

They just get better....love this.....the pink and grey look great together. Love your flower.

Flower Shoppe Cards said...

Beautiful! Your "out of your" box is so up my alley!!! You amaze me at how you can create so wonderfully even out of your box!!!!

Andrea W said...

Your card turned out beautiful Laurie! I love the layered flower and layout. It seems many of us had a challenge with the colors but when I look at the end results I can't tell at all.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love that layered daisy Laurie - the little added swirls are beautiful. Love the way you mixed the colours too.

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card with a great flower!

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh, I LOVE your card, Laurie! The layered flower is gorgeous and the beautiful swirls are fabulous! The way you used the colors this week is terrific! XX

Nance Leedy said...

Gorgeous card, Laurie! Much more layering than your usual style and it is LOVELY. The swirls and the doily are the perfect accents to the gorgeous flower. So glad you persevered with my colors and had fun with the challenge! Thanks for making my colors look so good!

Mike said...

Laurie - I love all the layers! Great job of the challenge and I especially like all the texture!

Yapha said...

Such a pretty card, Laurie! I love all of your die cut layers!

stampwithsandy said...

Considering you had to scramble for ingredients, you did a super amazing job with this challenge, Laurie! Your layering and die cuts are drop dead gorgeous!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Laurie! I love all the elements and layers you added...but it doesn't look fussy or cluttered at all! Beautiful flower and swirly thingamajig too....just pretty all round!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely stunning, Laurie! I love the layers and the yummy texture! What a fabulous way to use the challenge colors! WOW!

jaydee said...

So pretty, Laurie. I love the softness of the swirls with the texture of the background. I also love the mixture of DSPs. Hugs
Jaydee