Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Merry Monday...Serendipity Stamps


When I saw the inspiration photo at Merry Monday, I knew right away my" Serendipity country church Christmas scene stamp" would be perfect for this challenge. That was a mouthful to say!



If you are a follower of my blog, then you know how much I love playing with alcohol inks and dies. For this card, I combined the two again. (to learn more about making alcohol ink backgrounds check here)

I stamped the church scene with black stazon ink on one of my blue backgrounds, and onto that I popped up a circle frame. To the frame I added a poinsettia, swirls and pine branches. In the center of the poinsettia is a blue pearl.

I had to dig a bit to find a sentiment in a size that would fit, but finally found one from Momenta that I thought went well with the challenge.

Run on over to Merry Monday and play along!


Paper: Glossy white, white
Ink: Ranger alcohol inks, black stazon
Stamps: Serendipity, Memento
Dies: Circle nesties, lawn fawn journal doe set, sizzix poinsettia, Memory Box Whimsical Flourish, Impression obsession fir branches




24 comments:

Crystal Komara said...

Ooooh, what a beautiful and simply serene card, Laurie. It's perfect for the Merry Monday challenge of "Silent Night." I've just started joining their challenge myself and am loving them. But, thanks for sharing this stunning card!

Marcia Hill said...

This is one of the prettiest Christmas cards I have ever seen...everything about it is just perfect! It's simple, but it's not...I loved taking in every bit of it! Well done!! :0)

LeAnne said...

So very pretty, Laurie....I love your beautiful sky and the diecuts add such an elegant touch! Thanks for sharing this with us and playing with my challenge this week at the Merry Monday!

Bonnie said...

This alcohol ink background is beautiful and you had the perfect stamp for this challenge! Love that church and the beautiful "bouquet" of dies! So glad you shared this with us at Merry Monday!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Laurie, I love the pretty wintery scene you have created. Thank you for playing along this week with Merry Monday.

Carole said...

STUNNING!! This is ab-sol-utely gorgeous. xx

Kristie Goulet said...

This is one stunning card, Laurie! I LOVE that stamp and the background. Hmmm, gonna have to go check that stamp out. Awesome!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Merry Monday!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Perfect for the challenge!

Wendy said...

SO pretty, Laurie! I just love everything about your card! The stamp & your pretty background makes this perfect for this week's challenge! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Susan Joyce said...

I like the background and the gorgeous image you used. So elegant with the beautiful die cuts you used too. Thanks for playing at Merry Monday this week.

Greta said...

Your background is fabulous, as is this card!

Anonymous said...

I saw this on Merry Monday and popped by to take a closer look, Love the pretty die cut flower, nicely done
Hugs Julie P

Colleen said...

Stunning card and beautiful stamp!

Di said...

This really is fabulous Laurie! Just perfect for the Merry Monday challenge too.

Hugs

Di xx

Susan Powell said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the stamp you used - so beautiful!

Windy Ellard said...

Beautiful card! Love your background and the frame you made for the beautiful scene!

Linda said...

Very serene looking. So pretty.

Natalie said...

Beautiful card!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Wow this is stunning, Just popped by via Merry Monday, Hazel (no 30)

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Beautiful! I really love the diecut at the corner of your card and the sky looks awesome! Thanks for playing Merry Monday this week!

Irene said...

A beautiful, elegant and stunning Christmas card.

luv
irene
xxxx

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the scene and the frame with the pretty poinsettia.

Romayne said...

Not much else to say - truly stunning card.

My 1st visit to your blog but no doubt will return as your cards are beautiful. :)

Linda said...

This is so pretty ..... what a beautiful stamp! xx