Sunday, October 5, 2014

Stampin Up Holiday Home.....Paper Players Challenge


Hi everyone!

Jaydee chose Halloween for our challenge this week at The Paper Players:



 I love Halloween!

I was just out shopping today at Home Goods and Marshals and you would not believe the people buying Halloween stuff there! Carts were full of wood pumpkins, fall wreaths, and all kinds of knick knacks. I almost joined in, but I was in a hurry and just grabbed what I needed and left. Then I had a quick stop at Target, and people were already buying Halloween candy. Well, I did join in on that and bought a bag..or two...

Halloween is a fun time and how I used to love to take my kids trick or treating around the neighborhood! Fun times. 

Actually, I loved going myself when I was a kid.

BUT there was a house that I never would go trick or treat too, it was big and old, and well, just scary to me, I guess. It was definitely not haunted, but I guess I must have thought it was. One of my friends always went there, and said they gave out the BIG Hershey bars, not the fun size. While that WAS tempting, I still never got up enough courage to go there. How silly of me! Not that long ago, I drove by that house, and I really have no idea why I was so afraid of it! I was a funny kid.

 I used SU's Holiday Home set to make the haunted house for this card, which reminded me of the house I would never go trick or treat at when I was little! I combined all three houses to make one larger size one, and added a couple of ghosts and bats. It's not a very scary haunted house, I kept the colors bright and fun.

Be sure to head on over to The Paper Players and check out the challenge!





Stamps: SU Holiday Home, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: SU black
Paper: SU pumpkin pie, white, black, hello honey, DP
Dies: SU Holiday Home bundle, Lil inker stitched rectangles, Lawn Fawn stitched borders, Top Dog Halloween die, Lawn Fawn journal die
Other: SU circle punch, button, MS bat punch,bakers twine







12 comments:

Andrea W said...

Combining the houses is very clever! I love the little ghosts peeking out and how you added the twine/button detail. Fun card!

Claire Broadwater said...

Laurie, I just adore your card!!!! The big black house is so spooky! I loved your story about the old, creepy house when you were a child! I do love Halloween and think it is such a fun time for children--big and small! I can't resist the candy either! Anyone would be thrilled to receive your card! XX

Liz said...

Fabulous card! Really spooky! x

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your not-so-spooky Halloween house Laurie - very clever combining all three houses to make one haunted mansion. A great Halloween card!

Yapha said...

What a fun card! I love the ghosts popping out behind the house -- spooky!!

Bonnie said...

Cute, cute, cute! Clever idea to combine all 3 houses into the perfect haunted house!

Ann Schach said...

Aw! What an adorable card, Laurie! I love how you combined the houses. The "stitched" edges are the perfect touch.

Nance Leedy said...

Oh my goodness, aren't you clever?! Love how you've combined the houses to make one big one! And stamped on black cardstock, it sure looks like it could be haunted. Great card, Laurie!

LeAnne said...

This is adorable, Laurie! Love the stitched mats and grass, and your little spooks peeping out! Your story reminds me of one of Cassidy's favorite Arthur stories...no one would go into the spookiest house except DW...and inside was a nice old lady who gave her donuts & cider! Yum! Everyone else missed out because they were scared! Nothin' scary about this card, it's as sweet as it can be!

stampwithsandy said...

So, so cute, Laurie! Love the layered houses and the polka dot "grass".

jaydee said...

Laurie, what a great card. I've been pretty stumped by this set and you rocked it. I love the leaves and twine at the bottom, too. Fabulous
hugs
jaydee

Unknown said...

AWESOME Halloweeny Card!