Friday, December 19, 2014

Merry Christmas!



I finally got some photos taken of a few cards...without the sun...as we have had little of that lately. In fact, the weather man said we won't have sun for the next 7 days. 

So.... I just used my ott lite, and managed to get a few that I think will work!


I was inspired by the neutral colors at The Card Concept, using some creams, grey and silver with gold glitter paper for my brownish color. The plan was to have more poinsettias, but it looked like too much, so I stuck with just one.

I have NO idea what the stamp is...it's one a friend had that I used several years ago when we were together stamping. She's in Florida for the winter now...who knows what she's up too, but I bet SHE has some sun!!!

The dies are all mine, Lil inker's stitched rectangles and circles, IO sprig branch and MB poinsettias. I added a shiny silver enamel dot to the center.

I'm off to bake some gingerbread men...don't worry...I won't let any run away!!!!

12 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

What a stylish, neutral card Laurie - love those stitched frames. My you are so good to do all that extra cooking at such a busy time!
Hugs
Carol x

Carole said...

Absolute class Laurie. I love how you have framed the image and those neutral tones work so well. Hope the gingerbread turns out well...I can fair smell it baking(save me one). Weather here wet and very windy!!....blown the star off the outdoor Christmas tree! xx

Unknown said...

Love the retro look of your card. The stamp looks like a Tim Holtz stamp.

Bonnie said...

LOL, you could let one gingerbread man run my way. Love the soft gray of this fantastic stamp! Beautiful layout and it's perfect with just one poinsettia! We had snow flurries here in NC this morning. It was so pretty! Best thing was that it melted on impact! The perfect snow!

Kristie Goulet said...

I LOVE this, Laurie! So pretty! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Kay Miller said...

Oh wow!! That is a stunning card!! Very very beautiful work on this!! So glad you joined us at the Card Concept! :)

scrappymo! said...

This is so lovley. Love the vintage look of your Santa...and the modern style and of your design!

Greta said...

Gorgeous & elegant card! I love the natural colors--perfect for that stamp! Merry Christmas, Laurie!

Kim Heggins said...

This is so beautiful and so Christmas too. I love your gorgeous stamped image tucked inside your stitched frames. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

Angela said...

Laurie, your card is modern, chic and cleanly vintage. So strikingly beautiful!

LauraJane:) said...

Beautiful! Thanks for playing at The Card Concept!

Darnell said...

This is so gorgeous and so elegant, Laurie! Congratulations on the win from The Card Concept!! Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell