Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Paper Players color challenge



Hi everyone!
This week at The Paper Players, Ann has a color challenge for us:



I love the colors, they reminded me of the beach, so I used a sail boat die from Die-namics using all 3 colors. Then I added a background with some of SU's designer paper from last years mini.To tie it all together, I added a border with Sahara Sand.

 Now if only I could really BE at the beach!





Paper: SU white, Sahara sand, lost lagoon, crisp cantaloupe, SU retired DP
Ink: SU Lost Lagoon
Stamps: Lawn Fawn's Float my Boat
Dies: Die-namics sailboat, lil inker stitched rectangle and circle,Lawn fawn's stitched journal die


14 comments:

Kay Miller said...

Wow! This is just amazing Laurie! I am still very much into making winter card, but this card makes me feel the warm breezes blowing! Beautiful work!

Karren said...

This is so cute! The sailboat is adorable and the circle behind it really makes it pop!

Debbie Mageed said...

Ok, this is such a warm card that I can almost feel the summer sun on my skin! I love your sail boat die and it really does work perfectly with this terrific color challenge! Great card!!

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh Laurie, your card made me long for days on the lake or at the beach! How do you do it week after week?!? This is just so adorable!! I love all your dies! Stay warm! XX

Liz said...

Fabulous card! I love the design and what a great sailboat die. xx

Unknown said...

Oh Laurie - what a super adorable card! I love it!

Nance Leedy said...

What a clever way to use these colors! They are perfect for your sailboat and I love the circle sun behind it. Such a fun and cute card!

LeAnne said...

This is SOOOOO cute....I don't dare show my sailing hubby, he would want me to get all these dies and make one for him! Maybe I should anyway!

Greta said...

Oh how cute!

Shannon Jaramillo said...

The color combo is perfect for the beach and your sailboat is perfect as well! Fun dies!

stampwithsandy said...

What a cute summery card, Laurie! As always, your die cuts steal the show. Love the patterned paper, too!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this cute card Laurie - makes me want to visit the beach too! Great layering - the sun behind the sailboat looks great. Suits this week's colours too!

Jaydee said...

Laurie, this card is gorgeous. It's strong and bold and that little yacht just jumps off the page. I love how your sails have texture. Fabulous
hugs
jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a fun card, Laurie! I absolutely love that little die cut sailboat! :)