Sunday, December 10, 2017

Concord and 9th Trim the Tree for The Paper Players


Hi everyone!

The challenge from Claire at The Paper Players is:


 Hmmm...the lemon lime really through me, and actually I don't have any any. Then I saw my plaid stamp from Concord and 9th sitting on my desk, and thought it would be a perfect way to use the colors! 

 I did have garden green and melon mambo ink. I substituted the lime for certainly celery though, as it was the closest I had. Then I stamped my plaid background. You can see the lines of  the 3 colors below:





I used the positive and negative to make 2 cards, which I saw on a Jennifer McGuire video here.

Then I white embossed the sentiments and did some splatters with white acrylic paint mixed with water, and a toothbrush. After it dried, I adhered the powder pink and melon layered letters and bows, and tied on some string.


These were fun to make!





Be sure to check out the rest of the Paper Players Design Team:


I hope you will join us this week!

Reminder: The Paper Players will be taking a break for the holidays after this challenge and will be back Sunday, Jan. 7th.

Merry Christmas!!

10 comments:

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Love that little bow with the twine and your plaid paper is gorgeous. Both cards are so pretty and festive.

Claire Broadwater said...

Laurie, these are so festive! I LOVE the plaid you created! WOW! Using the negative space is a fabulous idea to create multiple cards. The white sentiment just pops off the card paired with the bold Melon Mambo die. Thanks for making my colors shine! Wishing you a wonderful week! XX

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful cards with those pretty trees and awesome colors. I love that you used both the positive and negative to make them.

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhh, I love the plaid you created, and the positive/negative is a great way to make two cards quickly. Such pretty colors!

Nance Leedy said...

Super cute, Laurie! Such a great plaid--preppy and fun. Great use of the colors and clever tip for getting two cards out of one session!

Annie S. said...

I'm just crazy about anything plaid and these are wonderful! Love the added splatters and twine...fun cards! Have a very Merry Christmas, Laurie, filled with family and fun! Hugs, Annie

LeAnne said...

These are awesome! I love your plaid...I can't believe you stamped it?! I am thinking I might just have to ask Santa for that set!! It makes some beautiful trees, that's for sure! And all your tags you've been posting....swoon-worthy!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such pretty Christmas cards Laurie! Love the fun and festive plaid! Thanks for the inspiration!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Wow Laurie - that plaid is fabulous, I thought it was printed paper until I read you stamped it - what a great job you did! And two for one cards too - always good at this time of year!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Super cute cards Laurie! I MUST have that background stamp!