Saturday, December 8, 2018

Happy Little Stampers anything goes with dies December Challenge


Hi everyone!

Today the December Happy Little Stampers anything goes with dies challenge starts... I'm looking forward to seeing lots of your festive cards in the gallery!

I made a Christmas card with some non traditional Christmas colors....black and grey. I added just a bit of the more traditional red and green at the top to make the card pop.

First I stamped and embossed some snowflakes on a piece of grey paper for the background, and the sentiment from Papertrey on some black paper. Then I used Concord and 9th Trim the Tree dies to cut out the tree.

The large snowflake and holly sprigs are from Cheery Lynn....I added a silver bow and some red shiny bells too.


Here's a list of supplies I used:

Paper: SU
Ink: SU white embossing powder
Stamps: Papertrey Sing a song of Christmas
Dies: Cherry Lynn snowflake and holly, Concord and 9th Trim the Tree
Other:silver twine

I hope you will join the fun!

Entering this at:

8 comments:

Wendy L said...

This is a wonderful design, thanks for joining us at MAWTT xxx

Jen Timko said...

Can't even tell you how much I love this!! It is simply amazing. What a gorgeous take on the sketch. Always glad to see you at FMS!

Kelly S said...

Awesome "chalkboard" tree! Love the frstive decor, too!

Linda Callahan said...

This is soooo pretty! Love it!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! This card is so pretty I didn't even think about it being non-traditional colors. I've been loving black for Christmas lately, but you've also got the greenery and bells which seem to be all the color it needs. The sentiment is awesome!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I LOVE this - just love it! Love that the tree is black, love the background of snowflakes, the placement of the greenery, the tiny bells... LOVE IT ALL. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I LOVE everything about this card. Fantastic background, love the black tree and the placement of the sentiment, the greenery, those tiny red bells - Love it all. Thanks for playing with us at Time Out!!!!!

Jen Brum said...

This is a beautiful card! I love that black tree with the white! So elegant! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!