Sunday, March 10, 2019

Rainbow Colors for The Paper Players


Here is Claire's color choice for The Paper Players this week:


Rainbow! 
Bright and cheerful...and such a fun theme for this week. 

I felt like doing some coloring so I got out my Copics, white gel pen, and Taylored Expressions Bubble Greetings stamps.

First I took some white paper and stamped the frames in black with Spellbinders Simple Line Border. Then I stamped the different sentiments inside. They were ready to color!

After I was done, I decided to add some die cuts and a few embellishments. As you all know...I love dies! And while I do have many, I literally have a ton of die CUTS. 

One of my favorite things to do is to get together with friends and just cut. I love using other peoples dies. It's kind of like eating food other people make...it always tastes better for some reason! LOL!

But what to do with all of them? I came up with a solution that works for me.

A few years back, I unmounted my wood stamps and now use cling or clear instead. That left me with lots of empty old plastic Stampin' Up cases. I label the die CUTS on the cases and store them in Fridgebins that I buy at Bed Bath and Beyond.

( I also store my metal dies and stamps in single binz. I use Jennifer Mcguire's storage system with plastic stamp storage pockets that you can find here.)

Here's one of my binz filled with paper die cuts:


The only problem is when I can't remember what company the die cuts are from when I'm writing a blog post...LOL! 

Of course that's when I will get emails asking what company....then I'll say it's from a friend and I don't know. But then they email back... please ask your friend...and of course I can't keep up which friend has which dies...lol! I really do try very hard to list all the supplies and companies if I know them.

For this set of cards, I used Cheery Lynn die cuts here and there.... that I found in my binz of course!













You can check out the rest of the DT here:


The Paper Players Design Team

I hope you will join us....have a great day!


ENTERING THIS AT:

Double D (music)

Addicted to Stamps (anything goes)

Word art wednesday

Supplies:
Paper: Neenah white
Ink: Black momento, Copics
Stamps: Taylored Expression Bubble Greetings, Spellbinders Simple Line Border
Dies: Cheery Lynn
Other: enamel dots, google eyes


15 comments:

Carole said...

Love these Laurie, they are so bright , bold and cheery with the lovely colours. xx

Claire Broadwater said...

OH Laurie, what a wonderful collection of rainbow cards! I love all of them. The black frame around all those colorful sentiments is fabulous! Your coloring is just amazing, too! WOW--you made my rainbow challenge shine! I am so impressed with your organization of all your dies. You need to come help me organize mine!
Have a wonderful week! XX

Darlene said...

WOW These are all just awesome Laurie! Love them!! Such happy colors and fun designs! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Make Some Music’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Alina said...

I love them all, Laurie, really wonderful!

Verna Angerhofer said...

A wonderful rainbow array of cards. Each is so fun and fantastic in design.

Susan Renshaw said...

A lovely set of cards!
Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
Susan
Addicted to Stamps and More
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Darnell said...

Your fourfer of crisp and clean and very colorful cards makes me very happy, Laurie! They are whimsical and cheerful!! Thank for sharing how you organize your die cuts! Like you, half the time I don't know the manufacturer because the stamp was unmounted and I forgot to write it down or a die cut is from a friend. That's why I say the item is from GKW. No one has ever asked what company that is and only one person in several years has ever figured out it means "God knows where," lol! Hugs, Darnell

Vicki said...

What a fabulous collection of fun cards, Laurie! I love them all...Thanks for joining the Double D, "Let's Make Some Music" Challenge.

Anita in France said...

These are all so bright, colourful and downright happy, Laurie ... what a fabulous collection of fun rainbow cards! Anita :)

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my GOSH! I love these all so MUCH! You know how I feel about colors and coloring and, Laurie, you're so good at it!. Fantastic! I also love the line border and those eyes on the sun, all your embellishments. What a great time to sit and do die cuts. I only have two local stamping friends, but I enjoy our few times together. I like your storage system and I'm sorry you get pestered when, really, you just want to have fun like the rest of us. Happy cards!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

These are great cards Laurie! I love to colour too - I love to have a few stamped images and some pens with me when I'm on the go as it's a great way to make those pockets of time feel productive. You little diecut additions really lift these cards to another level. I'm in awe of your die storage - you need to come and organise me some time!! I am totally with you on the readers questions though; I try and give lots of info in my posts, but sometimes when you get questions on a project from 3 years ago it's almost impossible to remember the finer details. What to do? I'm liking Darnell's suggestion above - I'm going to have to remember that!

Windy Ellard said...

These are the most adorable card and so well colored...fun and bright! Thank you for the warm welcome as guest designer. I am excited to design alongside you!

Ann Schach said...

What a wonderful quartet of cards, Laurie! They are so fun and cheery! They will definitely brighten up anyone's day!!!

Barbara said...

I just have to say what everyone else is saying. I adore the clean fun colors on these cards. You are a master and very creative artist. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Make Some Music’ challenge!
Barbara DT member

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a fun collection of cards, Laurie! I especially love that happy little sunshine. So stinking cute! What a fabulous way to showcase the challenge this week. I love it!