Sunday, May 12, 2019

The Paper Players Color Challenge


Joanne has chosen a color challenge for us at The Paper Players:



I used the pretty spring colors to do some inlaying with the Hibiscus Frame die from Simon Says.

Just perfect for a clean and simple card!

I'm so anxious for spring flowers. 
I can't tell you how looooong the winter was this year. I went to Costco a few weeks ago and bought some planters already! I also got a few from my kids for my birthday...but I haven't had them outside much yet...still too cold up here. My entryway looks like a greenhouse..lol! I love it!




Supplies:
Paper: SU
Dies: Simon Says Hibiscus frame

You can check out the rest of the design team here:

The Paper Players Design Team

I hope you will join us!

10 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Gorgeous Laurie - you really do have some fabulous dies! I am behind with my summer planting; it started to warm up then turned cold again here! Good luck with yours!

Windy Ellard said...

I love cards like this where the image is the centerpiece and no sentiment so can use for any occasion. Great card! Happy Mother's Day and have a wonderful week!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and I love the hibiscus.

Wanda Cullen said...

Such a beautiful, striking card! Love the single flower as the focal point!

Leslie Miller said...

Pretty colors and you got every one of them on you CAS card! You're very good at this! Big difference in the weather from here to there. I hope you can put your flowers out soon.

Su Mohr said...

Fantastic use of the colors, Laurie! Your card is stunning!

Ann Schach said...

So bold and beautiful, Laurie! A perfect card for so many occasions! LOVE it!

Claire Broadwater said...

Laurie, I hope you are getting some warmer days. It is lovely in GA! I love this bold, vibrant hibiscus! It is the perfect die for this color combo! Love the LL background! Have a great weekend! XX

Anne Marie Hile said...

Simply beautiful Laurie! The colors really pop on your clean design.

Jaydee said...

Laurie, so with you on NEEDING to see some flowers. the only thing that has flowered in our garden is the prairie smoke. Your hibiscus is gorgeous and I love that you didn't put a sentiment on the front - nothing should distract from that gorgeous floral.
Hope the rain misses you this weekend
Hugs
Jaydee