Sunday, May 26, 2019

The Paper Players Sketch Challenge


Today LeAnne is hostess at The Paper Players and she chose this sketch for us:


I turned it around and used it vertically. I took a strip of an alcohol ink background and adhered it to my white card base. I used some blue, orange and green inks...and used my heat gun to dry as I added each color.


Then I white embossed the sentiment onto some black paper,and cut it out with a stitched label die.


I adhered the butterflies on, and added some pearls in the centers.

Here's a list of supplies I used:
Paper: SU,glossy
Ink:Ranger alcohol inks, SU white embossing powder
Stamps: Poppy stamps Grateful Hearts
Dies: Spellbinders, MFT Blueprints #20
Other: pearls

You can check out the rest of the design team here:

The Paper Players Design Team

I hope you will join us!

10 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Your vibrant alcohol ink panel is fabulous Laurie and just perfect with those delicate diecut lacy butterflies! Awesome!!

Susan Duffy said...

Love the bold colors. TFS

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word, the colors -- gasp! Fantastic, Laurie!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful butterflies and they look so elegant against that colorful background.

LeAnne said...

AMAZING....that's all I can say! Those butterflies are beautiful against that stunning background!! So please with what you did with the sketch! Thanks for making it look great!

Ann Schach said...

So bright and beautiful, Laurie! Your background is absolutely fabulous, and perfect for setting off the butterflies!

Windy Ellard said...

Love the colorful background you have created and perfect with the butterflies!

Su Mohr said...

Striking card, Laurie! Love the brilliant background with the white butterflies!

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh, that alcohol ink background is fabulous! It is just perfect for your beautiful butterflies. Great take on the sketch! Have a wonderful weekend! XX

Anne Marie Hile said...

Wow Laurie! This is stunning! I just love the vibrant color.