I made some Blessing Mix, packaged it, tied it with felt ribbon and put it inside this cute wicker pumpkin I found at Michael's. I am going over to a friends house to stamp and scrap and I wanted to bring alittle something to give her. I rolled up the recipe, tied it with some old olive ribbon, and am going to stick it inside the pumpkin along with the mix. I made a small tag with a Thanksgiving stamp I got from my daughter. It's from Stampendous. I used craft, more mustard, and chocolate chip paper for the tag and choc. chip SU ink. I tied it onto the stem of the pumpkin with old olive ribbon. Here is the recipe for the mix:
Harvest Blessing Mix
Bugles: cornucopia, horn of plenty
Pretzels: represents arms folded in thanks
Candy corn: During the first Thanksgiving that winter, the pilgrims were each allotted only 5 kernels of corn per day because food was so scarce
Dried fruit: Thanksgiving is a celebration of the harvest
Peanuts or sunflower seeds: represent the potential of a bounteous harvest for the next season
Well, I better pack all my stuff and head over for a fun day of stampin and scrappin! I can't wait to see what we come up with. It's always interesting! I'll post some of the things we make today soon, so keep checking back!
That wicker basket is really cool. What a perfect thing to use for the occasion! Sounds like you're in for a fun day.
ReplyDelete