Thursday, July 23, 2009

Birthday card



Hi! I borrowed this set from a friend and had a fun time making cards with it. This one is made with the new in colors soft suede and Bermuda bay. What a great color combo!

For the ribbon I used the horizontal slot punch on each side of the wide oval and put two scraps of ribbon through. I stamped the sentiment and punched it with the oval punch and adhered it to the wide oval. Then I added the two brads. I think this is a great way to use up scraps of ribbon. I don't know about you, but I have a basket full of ribbon scraps!
Have a great day!

Paper: thoroughly modern, Bermuda bay, soft suede, white
Ink: soft suede. Bermuda bay

Stamps: Party Hearty

Other: button latte, wide oval and oval punches, brads, soft suede and Bermuda bay polka dot ribbon






3 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Love the colors, neat idea for the ribbon.

Rebecca said...

That new dp you used is really pretty. I love it with the Bermuda Bay! And it's great to see cards with ribbon "scraps." I'm better about keeping my paper scraps than ribbon scraps, so thanks for the reminder.

Stamp and Smile said...

LOVE your ribbon treatment... and a Party Hearty card! I can always use ideas... :)