Monday, August 16, 2010

Word Play # 4

Good Morning!

I'm still on a roll using all the sentiments from SU's Word Play. I am determined to use every single one. So many times I buy stamp sets and don't use many of the stamps...I usually just use one or two I really like from the set. What's up with that anyway? I need to change...so I am!

This card makes #4. I wanted to use the new color pear pizazz but had no ink or matching ribbon. Or DP either for that matter. So I improvised with what I had. I used certainly celery ink and some elegant eggplant to create the background paper. The stamp is from Fifth Ave Floral. The ribbon and brad are non SU, but thought they matched really well. I used my nesties for the oval and scalloped oval. On to the next card! I wonder which sentiment I should use this time?


Oh....

Don't forget to check out my food blog! I joined a baking group. They are baking their way through the book, Baking form My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan. The book is HUGE and full of wonderful recipes I can't wait to try. We will be post alternating Mondays. They started awhile back so I will have some catching up to do with past recipes. That will be fun too. I love to see every ones take on the same recipe!

1 comment:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a coincidence... I posted a purple and green card today too.

Your's is really lovely and good for you for using all the stamps in a set.

I have all the new SU cardstock colors now but haven't bought the ink yet (I'm waiting for Sept 1st to see what's in the holiday catty first) so I've been improvsing too. I think that certainly celery is a perfect compliment to pear pizzaz.