Thursday, September 29, 2011

Halloween paper cones

  
A few weeks ago I went to a Taste of Home School here in town. ( you can read more about that here} One of the recipes the chef made was, "Chex pb and chocolate blast."  In the magazine it's shown with red and green M&M's, but I decided to use fall colors. I also added some candy corn. You can find the recipe on my other blog, Cookin Up North.

I thought it would be fun to make some paper cones using Halloween paper to package it in.


I started with a 6" square piece of double sided SU {retired} Halloween paper. On one end of the square I cut about 1/2 inch off. The opposite corner I folded back the paper about 3 inches.



Then I used my tape runner on one edge and rolled it into a cone.





I punched a hole on each side and ran some ribbon through. Then I adhered the sentiments on, filled them up and they were ready to go!

Recipe:
Paper: SU 2 sided Halloween DP
Ink:
SU black
Stamps: Studio g, Stampendous
Other: Offray ribbon, SU circle and scallop punches, brad

Links

3 comments:

Aileen said...

Super fun cones, perfect for lots of occasions. x

Anonymous said...

Fab!! xx

Anonymous said...

I made this snack mix Friday night for my friends to eat while we made cards. We all loved it! Thanks for sharing.