Wednesday, April 16, 2014

New challenge .....the card concept





I decided to try a new challenge this week from The Card Concept. The challenge is "use an umbrella," and you also have to pick a style to use. I chose clean and simple.



I used my Memory Box umbrella die, and did an alcohol ink back ground in blues. I added some gems on the umbrellas. The sentiment is from SU's Bootiful Occasions.

This was a fun challenge! 

Except we don't need umbrellas here yet...we still need shovels.....we had more snow today!

6 comments:

*Urška* said...

Beautiful card.
Hugs,Urška

Cathy Weber said...

Love your handmade background using the alcohol ink Laurie...great example of CAS style! Thank you for playing along with us this week at the Card Concept.

Viv said...

This looks fabulous Laurie,I saw it first on my blog list I think and loved it at first sight :) Viv xx

Macchiato Gurl said...

love ur inked background and how you die cut the umbrellas to show it. fantastic idea!

Geri said...

... kind of nice to know that we are not alone as far as snow banks go....still tons of snow on the ground here in central Manitoba!!!

Your gorgeous alcohol ink background has me yearning for the illusive spring rains! Gorgeous colors, beautifully clean and simple, spot on design and great sentiment! Thanks for choosing to share your card with us at the Card Concept Challenge. We would love to have you play along with us again next week :)

Heather T said...

Your background is so pretty and it is a clever technique to use it as the mat/border too.
A gorgeous card.