Sunday, December 28, 2014

Ho Ho Ho!




I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

 We sure did, as we got to be with our kids for a few days, and that's ALWAYS a treat. Here are a few family photo's of the gang:





I made everyone wear T shirts from our favorite Christmas movies this year! They never know what I will come up with...each year it's something different....I'm already planning next year.....

I also had a few games:


One was Elf ring toss...which my mother in law and I won. Who knew she was such shot a good shot?



Our son hosted Christmas this year, as he had to work Friday, and our daughter and son in law are moving...so it was easier for us to go there... but I brought the food....and you will never guess what I forgot! I had the presents...the ham.... the smoked turkey.... the lefsa....all the sides, everything...

 BUT

all the goodies I made. 

I spent how many hours baking? Decorating? Thinking of how everyone would enjoy them?

And they sat at home. 300 miles away. 

Oh well. 
We did survive without them, and had a good laugh. It was one of the best Christmases ever, in fact! But that doesn't mean I won't be baking again next year...and this time I will double check for the goodies!


My card today is all dies..the frame was made with my Lil inker stitched rectangles, the Santa from Cheery Lynn and the tree from IO Christmas Icons. The house scene was from a friend...not sure which company.( winter scene from Memory Box?)

Entering this at:


Have a great day!




8 comments:

Angela said...

Happy Holidays to you and yours, Laurie! I love your wintry scene!

Greta said...

Oh no--all the goodies left at home?! Sending some care packages? I love this card, Laurie--so festive & perfectly crafted! Love seeing the family pictures--looks like a wonderful family Christmas.

SemSee said...

Beautiful wintry scene card! Love it! And I love all your festive t-shirts - what a great idea! Thanks so much for joining us at ShowCASe Your Style challenge. xx

Di said...

What lovely family photos Laurie! And your scene is beautiful. The main die is by Memory Box - Winter Cabin Landscape I think it's called - and I do love that you added the little Christmas tree with the star. A lovely card indeed!

Sorry to confess I smiled about your leaving the goodies behind - until I read that they were 300 miles away! Oooopsie :( But, as always, we get over these things and it certainly didn't seem to spoil your festivities!

Hugs

Di xx

LeAnne said...

This card is FABULOUS! I have hankered for that CL die for a while....I should just break down and get it! LOVE the family photos and yes, we have all forgotten things occasionally! I LOVE the t-shirt idea and you've given me a good idea for a game for next year!

BożenA said...

The extraordinary card, maybe due to the color selection is so nice ...? I like very much. My attempt at with the similar at die did not end so well as yours.
Happy New Year 2015 greetings,
Bozena

Bonnie said...

Looks like you had a fun time even without the forgotten goodies. Love the card! Great dies! Happy New Year, Laurie! I'm so glad I met you this year!

Carole said...

Love your card...so classy and that green is lovely. I so feel for you with your baking getting left behind...all that work and love and it was left behind....but you won't do it again!...leave them behind I mean! My baking was untouched as everyone was too full....looks like hubby and I will be heading for Weight Watchers next year!