Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Memory Box Honeyblossom Sprig




Hi everyone!

Here's The Card Concept's inspiration photo:


Oh how I LOVE lilacs! 

Our first home had huge bushes, we even had a path that you could walk through them. They were much taller then me, and the blossoms were so healthy and gorgeous. And the fragrance...so soft and sweet, both white and purple. I do miss those bushes!

At the home we are now, we do have a smaller bush growing on a hill behind our house. The trouble is, I can't even get up to it to get a bouquet...the hill is WAY to steep, and I end up sliding all the way down. It's not a pretty sight..LOL!

 BUT every spring, I find a bouquet sitting on my counter, and the fragrance fills the house. My hubby climbs up that steep hill and cuts me a large bunch because he knows how much I love them:) And yes, sometimes he slides down too, but does it anyway!

Well, I didn't have any lilac stamps or dies, so I used a Memory Box Honey blossom Sprig instead. The blooms are cut with some shades of purple from Stampin' Up. I adhered them onto an Avery Elle wonky rectangle, which I just realized I use for almost every card I make lately! There's just something about those stitches...






I also use this sentiment a lot lately, from Penny Black's Sprinkles and Smiles. I guess I need dig into my other stamps and give this a rest too!


I hope you join us this week at The Card Concept...we would LOVE to have you join us!

Clean & Simple
Sandie Munro
Rahmat

Clean & Graphic
Shabby Chic
Freestyle Collage
Classy & Elegant




Entering this at:


Paper: All stampin Up
Ink: SU black
Stamps: Penny Black Sprinkles and Smiles
Dies: AE wonky stitches, MB Honey blossom sprigs
Other:pearls




13 comments:

Carole said...

Fabulous card Laurie...I can smell lilac from here...must the bunch your hubby picked!

sandie said...

What a fab hunt picking the flowers for you! This card is a delight, I love the placement and I can see why you use this die so much, I want it!

*Vicki* said...

The flowers look incredible!! Such a beautiful mix of colors too! :)

Rahmat said...

You have a thoughtful hubby, who knows what you love!! I live in an apartment, so I miss out all the real life interactions with plants and trees, I miss living in a house!
Ok to your card now, Laurie it;s a lovely card, I love the choice of die cuts you chose, and specially the border is awesome!

Unknown said...

Love the pearls in your flowers! So pretty!

EdenLand Designs said...

Love your card and how you have just a bit of the bouquet hanging over the edge!! I also love lilacs, I'm in an apartment, but a neighbor has some beautiful bushes in every shade, and she lets me pick a big bouquet every year :) Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!
Susan DT

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous color combo and beautiful CAS design, Laurie! So happy you played along with us this week at ATSM!

Lilian said...

So pretty! Love those dies!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Love the flowers...very pretty take on the inspiration photo!

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is beautiful! I love how you can create such beautiful cards with die cuts! Gorgeous!
Take care!
Michele

Bonnie said...

Ooh Laurie this is so pretty! I also love Lilacs and have a few lilac bushes around our home - isn't the smell just heavenly? Your creation is just as lovely - I love those delicate blooms!

Kerin said...

Pretty flowers and I love the pearl centers!

Julie Gearinger said...

What a fabulous Clean and Layered card!! Love the colors on your pretty sprigs of flowers- perfect for our inspiration photo :-)