Saturday, August 9, 2008

Baby Cards

Here are 2 baby cards I made recently. My hubby gave me a cricut for my birthday last spring and I haven't used it much yet. I only have 1 cartridge! So I borrowed some and spent a day making card candy. It was alot of fun! I fell in love with the giraffe. The idea for the baby buggy I saw when I was looking at a post from the SU convention. They had taken pictures of all the cards there. I can't tell you the person who came up with it, but it sure was clever! They used a circle punch cut in half and glued together. They added buttons for wheels. How cute is that?!! I found a great site that has examples of how to make things with your punches, http://mististamps4fun.typepad.com/ I can't seem to link directly to that page so look under templates and scroll down for the punches. Check it out! It's amazing!


Recipe for giraffe card:


Paper:SU So saffron, white, certainly celery,sky blue,designer paper


Other: CB folder swiss dots and congratulations,New Arrival cricut cartridge,Culuzzle circles,ribbon,brads,SU stickers





Recipe for Duck card:


Paper: SU So Saffron, bashful blue,certainly celery, white


Other: CB folder swiss dots, rectangle Nestabilities, cricut cartridge Doodlecharms,ribbon and pacifier button








The paper I use for the cricut is from Michaels. I just can't get SU paper to cut in my cricut, it's too thick. I buy my white paper from Wally's in a ream for around 5 dollars. Its Georgia-Pacific 110/150. I haven't bought any Martha products there yet, but a friend of mine got one of her punches. It's an edge punch that looks like lace. Here is what it looks like:





Isn't that a pretty edge? It would look good on the baby onesie cards ,diaper cards, and for dress and apron cards. Maybe if I'm nice she'll let me borrow it and try some out! One thing about it though, it would not punch through SU card stock very easily. It worked the best on thinner card stock.

No comments: