Sunday, May 20, 2018

Altenew Layered Rose for The Paper Players Bloom Challenge


I'm the hostess this week at The Paper Players with a Clean and Simple "Bloom" challenge for us!


I have to admit, I'm pretty anxious to buy some flowers for our deck. It's been such a cold spring though, I'm not sure when I will be buying them! I hope soon. It's got to warm up at some point... I have a long list....

Until then, I have been making cards with Altenew's Roses. One day I just cut out a ton of them in various colors, and then spent an evening adhering the layers together while binge watching Netflix. (Bluebloods is my latest obsession)

I chose two pink roses for my card, ones I had made that have only 2 of the 3 layers. The leaves I chose are some I had made using all 3 layers. You can sure get lots of different looks between the layers and colors...I've had lots of fun with this die set. Recently I participated in a rummage sale at our local craft store. They take care of everything for you, and the money you make dollar for dollar you can then spend at the store. I'm sure glad I used some of my earnings to buy these!




Then I backed them on Memory Box Tulisa Collage, and added the sentiment from Momenta.


I hope you will join us! 

Check out the rest of the design team here:

The Paper Players Design Team 

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Paper: SU
Ink: SU
Stamps: Momento
Dies: Altnew Layered Roses, Memory Box Tulisa Collage


11 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word, gorgeous! Those beautiful flowers backed up by the Tulisa die -- love! I want that kind of rummage sale! But first I guess we'd have to have a craft store, sigh... So sad that ours closed. Boy, do I ever love binge watching Netflix. I haven't tried Bluebloods. It only gives me a 55% match, but I've now added it to my list and will give it a try. I just finished "Safe". That was good! Your card is so strikingly pretty and now I'll be looking forward to more!

Kathy Krug said...

Just gorgeous,Laurie. I have not seen that flower. I bought one of their build a flower rose sets. I have yet to get it right. This looks more my speed. Love Bluebloods too. Did you get hooked on This is Us?

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so very gorgeous with the darker pink outline.

stampwithsandy said...

This is quite lovely, Laurie! I particularly like the white die cut background, and the roses are so pretty as well. I am also a fan of Blue Bloods! Tom Selleck has aged quite well :)

LeAnne said...

These are gorgeous! They remind me of icing flowers on a cake...delicious!

Annie S. said...

That background die is so lovely behind your beautiful blooms! Thanks for a fun challenge this week! Hugs, Annie

ElizStewart said...

Laurie...love your blooms! The background die cut is so perfect... and I love the sentiment!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Those layered pink roses are just lovely Laurie and so pretty against the white. Bravo on a fabulously themed CAS challenge this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Laurie, this is gorgeous! I love that fabulous die cut for your background. Your lovely pink roses are so pretty! Great sentiment, too! This is a great challenge and there are so many fantastic entries! Have a great holiday weekend, My Friend! XX

Jan Clothier said...

Your flowers look so lovely against the textured white background and the sentiment is perfect.

Anonymous said...

Laurie, I couldn't agree more about needing some flowers :-) this has honestly been too long and too cold a winter! I love your pink roses, what a great use of the Altenew dies. I also love the background, too. Wonderful card
hugs
jaydee