Thursday, September 25, 2008

Peaceful Wishes

When I first saw this card that SU demonstrator Holly {http://hollysstampinmania.blogspot.com/} made, I knew I had to have this stamp set. We live among the pines up here and I have pine cone curtains, lamps, candles, etc. all over my house! It was a must have. The card is made with SU night of navy and brocade blue. I used white craft ink, chocolate chip, and night of navy. The edges are sponged with the white ink and I also used it with my stipple brush for the snow. I borrowed the sentiment for the inside from Diane. It says "May you have the gift of faith, the blessings of hope, and the peace of His love this Christmas." I sent out quite a few of these last year, but decided to make a few more for this year too. The craft ink I find hard to work with as it gets all over the place including all over me. I smudged several cards last year so this time I was prepared and cleared a large area to work in. I had plenty of wipes for my fingers, too. It takes awhile to dry, but worth the effort because they are even prettier in person!


No comments: