Friday, October 10, 2008

6" by 6" recipe page Wild Rice Hot dish


What a great recipe this is! I just got three bags of wild rice that is hand harvested from the lakes right here in northern Minnesota and it's the best. The type of wild rice makes a big difference. At the store try to find the lighter color not the black. If you can get your hands on the real stuff, that's the best! This hot dish is a favorite of my family and I make it quite often throughout the year. I got this recipe from a co-worker when we first moved to town over 20 years ago! That's how long I have making this. I often make Paula Deene's cheese biscuits to serve with it. I LOVE them and it is one of my very favorite recipes of hers {of which I have many} I had them last year at her restaurant in Savannah and they were incredible! Of course, you have to eat them with "lotsa butter, y'all!" Here's her recipe:


  • 2 c. self rising flour


  • 1 tsp. baking powder


  • 1 tsp. sugar


  • 1/3 c. crisco


  • 3/4 c. grated cheddar cheese


  • 1 c. buttermilk


  • Mix flour,baking powder,and sugar, cut in shortening with fork until it resembles cornmeal. Add cheese and stir in buttermilk just until blended. Do not over stir. Drop by Tbs. onto greased sheet. Bake at 350 for 12-15 min.

Recipe Page:
Paper: white, black,Pacific point
Ink: black stazon, Pacific point
Stamps:Voila
Other: ribbon,SU clip

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Your recipe page looks great. I love that chef! Today is grocery shopping day, and I'm going to try this rice dish. I'm a rice lover, so I'm excited to try a new recipe!