Wednesday, October 15, 2008

October Card Club

Last night we had our monthly card club {of about 20 members .} We take turns bringing all the supplies for a card and pay one dollar for each card we make to the people who brought the card to share. It's always fun to see what people come up with. I LOVED all of them! The first card is a window card made by Sharon. It's a great fall card! I hadn't made a window card before so it was a lot of fun. We all enjoyed coloring the barn with daubers and ink, something else I don't do very often, either. I will definitely make some window cards after trying this. The second card was made by AC and I love punches so I really got into this! The pumpkins were made with the large and small oval punches, then sponged on the edges. She had some cool Debbie Mumm fall paper and you could choose between Halloween and Thanksgiving. I really liked the clip and ribbon, too! The third card was made by Nancy and I loved the colors on it! The straw flowers added a lot of texture and I think its neat the way the stems hang out from the bottom. They are such tiny, cute flowers and a great idea for fall. She had a spectrum ink pad for the sentiment, another thing I don't have that was fun to use.

The fourth card was made by Peg. It was a Halloween double pocket card. She had done so much work for this card! Not only had she scored it all, but she had made a ton of fun things with her cricut for us to choose. You could really be creative and no two cards turned out the same! Everyone had fun picking out the cute card candy! I got stazon all over mine so I grabbed another pumpkin to cover it up. {thanks Peg} The last card was made by the other Sharon. I was excited to see the new in-color tangerine tango and what the Haiku paper looked like. I really like it and plan to order some after the Holidays. I have some spring projects I would love to use it for. Anyway the card is not exactly the way she designed it, as I had some more trouble with the stazon getting all over the place! She had some twill tape to stamp a sentiment on and of course I messed it up. I loved the prima flower! She had other choices of colors for the card,too. She also had pink and green, but I really wanted to try the tangerine tango. It was another fun night with good friends and good cards!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Those are all terrific! I love the window one. LOVE IT!!! What a fun night. I have StazOn all over my nice wood desk...I try to leave a scrap or two of paper there so nobody else notices that those little tiny leaves haven't been wiped away. Oops!