Monday, November 24, 2008

6" by 6" recipe page Taco Lasagna


I found this recipe years ago in a Taste of Home magazine, and it's been a favorite of ours ever since. Now that it's just the 2 of us, I make half at a time, using a 9x9" pan. I usually freeze half of the meat mixture and half of the refried beans for another nite and assemble it then. I haven't tried to freeze it already made, afraid the tortillas would get soggy. I should try it sometime and see what happens. I know it's great heated up the next day as leftovers, if there are any! Usually not. I often serve it with lettuce, sour cream, and tomatoes on the side. I don't have the nutrition info for this but it should be pretty WW friendly if you use WW or low fat shredded cheese. I often serve this for company and I served it alot for my son and his friends when he was still living at home.


For dessert I like to serve Cinnamon tortilla chips and dip. You can make this 2 ways. Real butter for those not watching calories or for those that are, use I can't believe it's not butter spray. Both ways are yummy, I can guarantee that! I often bring them to parties, too, as an appetizer. They go fast, so make alot! Here's the recipe:

Cinnamon Chips
1 pkg. flour tortillas, cut into wedges with a pizza cutter
Dip in melted butter and a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. { for low fat- spray with I can't believe it's not butter and then dip in cinnamon and splenda mixture.Arrange on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10 minutes until crisp.

Dip:

4 oz.softened cream cheese {fat free for WW}

4 1/2 tsp. sugar {or splenda}

1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1 6oz. vanilla yogurt {low fat for WW}

Mix and serve with chips.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Both of these recipes sound delicious! I have a chicken enchilada recipe that uses flour tortillas, that I make ahead and freeze. I don't feel the tortillas have ever been soggy from freezing, and I was pretty worried about it. Just thought I'd pass that along. I love how you cut the vegetables out of that paper and put at the top of your recipe! It looks great. I have used that paper for veggie swaps...I love it!