Friday, November 21, 2008

A2 Box and Card Set



I followed Beate's tutorial over on splitcoast to make this A2 box and card set.http://splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/a2cardbox/ I can't believe how easy the box went together. And I am happy to say I am getting much better using my scallop edge punch,too. You can't tell from the photo, but the edges of the box are scalloped. These would make great gifts. The cards take alot more time than the box! This is a Christmas set made with the Ski Slope paper and the Alpine ribbon. My friends and I really got into embossing the other day and I used the ones I had made for these cards. I reached for the Scandinavian Christmas set again that I just can't get enough of. I hope SU comes out with some more Scandinavian design stamps other than Christmas so I could use them year round. Flowers would be great. For each card I used different ribbon, otherwise they are all pretty much the same design. I'm having fun with dew drops as you can see. Lately I have been putting them on everything I think of! I use crystal effects to adhere them to the trees, and that worked really well. But I need to dig out my jewelry tools. Yes, I used to make jewelry. I haven't since I took up cards,though. My friend Lynn makes the most wonderful necklaces and she gave me lessons. She is still cranking them out each one better than the next! But I on the other hand just can't leave my stamps alone, so my jewelry tools are not being used....except for my great idea. I think I can use the tweezers to pick up those tiny dew drops!!! I'll let you know if it works. I still haven't put a sentiment inside any of my Christmas cards yet. I'm hoping to find one I like on some shopping trips coming up. Gotta start my Christmas shopping soon!
Recipe:
Paper: riding hood red, ski slope, chocolate chip
Ink: gold embossing powder with versamark
Stamps: Scandinavian Season, Holidays and Wishes
Other: dew drops, choc.chip, riding hood red, alpine and very vanilla ribbon, scallop edge punch, eyelets, scorepal

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I love the finishing look that the dew drops give to your cards! Very pretty. And if the box is REALLY easy to make, someday I might give it a try. That's a cute way to give some cards away!