Friday, November 28, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree Oh Christmas tree

I love that song! I was singin' it as I made this card. I used my scallop circle nestabilities again. I'm having good luck with the embossing since I have been running it through twice on my cuttlebug. I tried thickening the sandwich with some added paper for backing and now I've found the perfect combination for my bug. I think each bug must be alittle bit different, as I have tried several sandwiches from other people and they weren't quite right. For this card I used the deer friends set. I stamped the tree with old olive, used my glitter pen, cut it out and used a foam square to pop it up a bit. I put a square under the scallop circle too. A pretty simple card! Well, I'm hoping to get my tree today and can't wait for the fresh pine smell added to the house. Every year we talk about getting an artificial tree, but like everything else we talk about doing, we never get around to it! This time I'm glad because I really do appreciate a real tree!


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I love the embossed scalloped circles! They are so pretty on that card! I used to like real trees, but we do artificial because I hate cleaning up the needles. Then I just buy a yummy candle for the smell!