Thursday, December 4, 2008

5x5" card Home for the Holidays

My friend AC told me I should try embossing the door from the stamp set Home for the Holidays. She thought it would look nice, and she was right, it does. I chose gold embossing powder and then used Stickles to add some color. Why have I not been using Stickles more often? I love it! As usual the gold did not photograph well. The embossing really is very pretty. I stamped on vanilla and backed it on riding hood red and old olive before attaching it to the 5x5 riding hood red card. I tied some taffeta vanilla ribbon underneath. The door is popped up with some foam squares, so tying the ribbon under was easy. This is definitely my favorite card I have made so far this year for Christmas. I just love the gold embossed look!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

That card is absolutely beautiful! I LOVE it! Every little thing about it is stunning!