Friday, January 16, 2009

Tea Time Purses

Hi! It's still freezing here in Minnesota with schools starting late and even closing. It's supposed to warm up though this weekend. How about some hot tea to warm up in the mean time? Down in my craft cave I saw my Haiku paper and the colors always make me feel warm, so I decided to make some purses with it to put a bag of tea inside. I used the top note die, taking 2 and adhering them together. I used some Velcro to fasten them under the circle. For the inside I used the slit punch to slip the tea bags into. This is what it looks like when you open it:
I tried a Ghirardelli square and that works, too. Pretty simple to make!
I am waiting IMPATIENTLY for the new SU catty. It's been hard not to bug the SU demos for it! OK, I admit I have. But I only emailed a few times. I think that's good self control for me. Have a great day!
RECIPE:
Paper: Haiku,old olive
Ink: tango tangerine
Other: old olive ribbon, eyelets.buttons,circle punch
Stamps: Think happy Thoughts

6 comments:

Stef said...

Your Tea Time Purses are so cute. You sure can do alot of different projects with that die cut. Do you know do the Stampin Up dies work in other machines? Or just the Big Shot?

Rebecca said...

Those purses look so awesome! I love that you could put chocolate in them, too. I am eagerly waiting for my new catalog, too!

Anonymous said...

Oh, these are sooo cute!! Will have to case these for a class for sure, lol... I know what you mean about the freeeezing cold there. We are in Connecticut and it has been brutal here too. Some places were -14 this morning. Not looking any better this weekend, SNOW-YUK.
Well thanx again for posting such creative projects. Have a sparkling day!
Pamela

laurie said...

Stef, I have a cuttlebug and so far they work in that. I havent tried the long ones though. There is a special sandwhich to use. I use a B plate, then the SU die and another B plate. Just got the new catty and see some more I like!

Nancy Jensen said...

I love your purses! I'm going to try to make one myself. I don't have a new catalog yet but will probably get mine at our next club meeting next week. We do a card exchange every month. Maybe I'll make this for our card exchange!

Anonymous said...

These are adorable! How did you get the stitching look along the edges?