Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Blueberry dessert


I made this dessert at my SU class and had quite a few recipe requests. I promised to post it, so here it is! The recipe calls for 2 cans of blueberry pie filling but I used just one.


Oops...just saw I put a "9x12" pan on the recipe.... it should be a 9x13 pan. I bet this would look good in a trifle bowl too. That would be pretty!

You can make it lighter by using lite cream cheese, lite Cool Whip, and cutting down on the powdered sugar. I may try it next time with splenda. You could also top it with fresh blueberries instead of the pie filling too. Any type of berries or pie filling would be good..whatever is your favorite. I should have made 2 pans...there were no leftovers!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love the plate that you displayed the dessert on. The fruit looks so yummy.

On the digiments you were asking about, you definitely do not need photoshop; I've just used that because I am sort of used to it! When I get home to my own computer, I'll do them in Word or a program like that and try to give you more info. hth.

Anonymous said...

I made this recipe today for a lunch we had at work..It was a big hit and very easy to make..could not find the blue berries so I used cherry filling for one and Peach filling for the other.
Thank you you this is a keeper
Ana
Huntington Beach CA