Friday, September 4, 2009

Inspired by nature


I have been wanting to make some cards with this set for so long and finally got a chance last week to make a few. One of my friends let me borrow it for awhile so I hope to make some more. There are so many beautiful cards on Splitcoast made with this image.


For this card I used the same colors as the example in the catty on page 96.... old olive, vanilla, dusty durango and summer sun. Both cards are identical..I just changed the card color. Once I got going inking up the stamp I just kept on a roll. I must have stamped about 20 or so of these as some of my friends wanted some too.


I am hoping for some quality stamping time this weekend before school starts on Tuesday. Back to my regular job...para in autism. I am ready to go back... although... a bit more summer wouldn't hurt, I guess!




4 comments:

Dale Marie said...

Very nice Laurie. Thanks for reminding me to pull out this beautiful stamp set.
Is it possible to have too many stamps sets?
Doesn't appear I have that many stamp sets (depending on who you ask) but when I can't get to using them more it does seem like I have too many.
Trusting your bak to work week will be fabulous.

Rebecca said...

These look gorgeous. I love how changing the color of the card base changes the overall look. I can't wait to see some of the other colors, too.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I really like the colors you chose for this flower stamp.

Jen Mitchell said...

So pretty Laurie. The colors are so nice together. I haven't used this set in quite a while, so now I just may have to dig it out!