Monday, March 1, 2010

Almonds

Good Morning! Brent came home with another recipe from work that he wanted me to make for him. He was headed on a 3 day snowmobile trip so I thought I'd make them for him to take along. He just loves these! I've made something similar to this, but using soda crackers and brown sugar instead. They also had chocolate on top. These were very good and next time I make them, I'm going to try adding almond extract to the butter and sugar mixture. I still have more Club crackers...so next time will probably be soon!!!!



5 comments:

Lorri said...

Wow do these look YUMMY! Can't wait to give these a try! Thanks Laurie!

Rebecca said...

My sil makes something similar to these. I just LOVE them, but could eat the whole pan. So I never make them, just eat them at her house ;) Your picture is awesome! I hope your man loved them on his trip.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I've never heard of such a recipe. Sounds interesting.

I think we all have one recipe that has an unusual combo of ingredients. I have one that combines pineapple and cheddar cheese. Sounds odd but it makes the most delicious cassarole.

bonnie said...

Mmmm these look yummy :) Bonnie x

Jen Mitchell said...

I've made something very similar only instead of almonds I put chocolate chips over the top. Once they melt a bit, I spread them out and YUM! Especially if you like chocolate. I LOVE almonds so I'm definitely going to give these a try. You post the most delicious recipes. Every time I read your blog I think I gain a pound!