Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Less is more challenge


The challenge for this week over at  less is more is "things that move."  I thought the pinwheel card would be perfect for this.

When I make cards, I usually start several at one time and lay them on my desk for a few days before I adhere them together. I like to be able to walk by and change them around or add more{or less} if I want. Sometimes if I walk away and come back I am able to see it another way that I hadn't before.

Anyway, this pinwheel card has been sitting on my desk most of the summer. I wanted to get a stick for the handle but kept forgetting. When I read about this challenge I went out and got some sticks so I could finish the card.

The pinwheel is just a square piece of SU designer paper cut in from each corner. I pulled the corners together and added a button for the middle. The sentiment is from SU "tiny tags"...I just love that little set!
I tied a bit of bashful blue ribbon to the stick handle.

I'm not sure if this meets all the requirements of a clean and simple card for the challenge. After I had already adhered the stick handle I thought maybe I should have left it off. I used SU Crystal Effects to adhere it all though... so it's on there for good!

 Oh well...after all the work of buying the sticks I decided to enter the card "as is" anyway!

This card is obviously not one I would mail. It wouldn't fit in an envelope. I often like to lay my cards inside gift bags..right on top so they can see it right away. I try to coordinate the color of the bag with the card. It's always so much fun to watch people as they see the card right away! People love handmade cards!

Links
Passionately Artistic
Made it myself Mondays

24 comments:

Sasha said...

Ingenius idea - Love it!!

Rosemary said...

great card... love your pinwheel!

Mandi said...

That pinwheel is fabulous Laurie
love the colour combo

Thanks so much
Diva LIM Mandi
"Less is More!

Sian Ridley said...

This pinwheel is so cute and I really like the pastel colours :) very pretty card :)

Zoe Tant said...

Fab card and perfect for the LIM challenge. Zx

GinaA said...

Very smart looking card, great little sentiment tag.

carole said...

Great idea, I love it !

Chrissie said...

Laurie, this card is simply adorable, I'm so glad that our challenge gave you the impetus to finish this beautiful card.
Thanks so much and do please join us again next time.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Aileen said...

Gorgeous pin wheel, love the papers. x

Paper Hearts Handmade Cards said...

what a fabby idea , love it K x

Bonnie said...

I love your pinwheel! Sometimes I attach a card to the outside front of the bag with a colored paperclip. It really dresses up a plain bag!

HappyPlaceJen said...

Love this pinwheel card, Laurie! :) ~Jen http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com/

Charlotte said...

Wauw laurie! This is a beautiful LIM card!
Greetings,
Charlotte

Sarn said...

Brilliant idea for the challenge. Love the colours you used.

Hugs, Sandra View my card HERE

Kathyk said...

The pinwheel is such a fab idea - love your card

Kathyk

Crealin said...

Hi Laurie,

what a gorgeous card, I love the paper you've chosen to maike this pinwheel. Thanx for explaining me how I have to make this.

Lins ;)

Anne said...

less is definitley more and you have done a great job.. love the colors and the pinwheel.. thanks for sharing on You Had Me at Craft.

scare_easy said...

Oh my! The colours in this are gorgeous!!! And awesome take on the "things that move" challenge!

Jenni's Jems said...

Love the pinwheel and thank you for the instructions on how to make it I will have to give it a go! x

Anonymous said...

Love your card! So pretty, beautifully made and such fun! hugs, Gill x

Pauline said...

A beautiful pin wheel, lovely papers too.

Ang C said...

A brilliant idea - love it!

Sarah said...

just wonderful - such a fresh and great color combo. Well done!

Thanks for sharing! Sarah at 192

Viv said...

Can't believe I missed this card, it's fab :O) Viv xx