Sunday, October 9, 2011

Less is More... SU Sketch It card



The challenge this week at Less is More is a one layer card using a heart. I thought of several ideas, but they all involved layers. I wasn't sure if I would be able to come up with a card for this challenge or not. What to do?

Well..... I decided to look over all my heart stamps and then I found this old retired SU set, Sketch It  . I always liked the heart in this set. I knew I wanted to make an anniversary card and already had the sentiment out from Hero Arts ready to go.

I started to stamp the heart with different colors and decided I liked the ones with SU Marina Mist the best.  So I stamped the heart with that and added the sentiment using SU black at the bottom. It still needed something, so I put few buttons on the side of the heart.

You can check out what everyone else came up with here!



19 comments:

bastelengel said...

A beautiful card with a very lovely color!

Suzilou said...

Great card, love the colour and stamp and added buttons :)

Michelle Short said...

I love this. Gorgeous colour and the buttons finish it off perfectly xx

Carol said...

Great card Laurie, love the colour. Carol x

Chrissie said...

This looks absolutely cracking Laurie, I love it!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jenny said...

Gorgeous colour and brilliant placement of the buttons, what else can I say....Love it :)
Jenny x

Pauline said...

Beautiful, so nice in blue!

Linby said...

It's fab - love the buttons.
Linbyx

Vicky Hayes said...

Absolutely brilliant Laurie! The buttons turn the heart into something very stylish!

Diane said...

Your card is so 'clean' looking - Great job!!!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Laurie! I really love the colour you've used! :)
Lizy x

Unknown said...

Great card - love the colour and the buttons just make it.

Mandi said...

This is absolutely fantastic Laurie
What a superb stamp
thank you
Mandi LIM

Viv said...

Such a striking card & colour, love it :O) Viv xx

Jenni's Jems said...

Fab card love the colour and those buttons!x

G Peplow said...

Brilliant heart card, I love the colour and the buttons are great, Gay xxx

SallyB. said...

it´s so lovely with the buttons

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome texture with those buttons!!

Debby said...

Very nice card!
Debby