Saturday, February 18, 2012

Less is More....punches


I can't help it.

I am addicted to SU's Pool Party card stock!

I've been trying it with alot of different color combos and really like it with black. I started out with a 6x3 card and tied some black bakers twine around it. Then I punched out a black scallop square. The so saffron flower is from SU's Floral Fusion sizzlet. I added a button with a bit more of the bakers twine in the center.

This card is perfect for the less is more challenge this week....punches and die cuts....I used both!

I'll try not to make so many cards with pool party....well, for awhile anyway.



16 comments:

Sarn said...

Totally gorgeous. I am also a HUGE Pool Party fan!

Hugs, Sandra View my card HERE!

Anne said...

Brilliant! So simple, so effective
Anne
x

Chanray said...

I love your card , clean and simple as I like.

Sasha said...

Super CAS card, Laurie:)

Chrissie said...

This is simply terrific!
Super job Laurie!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Superb card Laurie
PP looks like Tiffany's blue huh?
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

GinaA said...

Stunning card, love the twine detail.

HappyPlaceJen said...

Love this card!! Why fight the Pool Party cardstock obsession when it works so well for you??? Stick with what inspires you, Laurie! :) ~Jen http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com/

Charlotte said...

Very nice LIM card again!
You are really a great source of inspiration!
Greetings,
Charlotte

Aileen said...

Love the new colours too and your card is a beautiful example. x

Scrapmate said...

Lovely CAS card.

Autumn Mist said...

Fab card. I love Pool Party too, as I love all aqua type colours. Love what you've made here.

nicky said...

Great card , fab use of string
Nicky

Darnell J Knauss said...

I love the simplicity of this card, yet the impact is great! Love the colors, too!

Unknown said...

I say it often... Clean and Simple is my FAVORITE style and you have it down perfectly . Love the flower and button layered on the scalloped square ... :) oh yea, the color is great too LOL!

Loli said...

Hola Laurie, i'm glad to see you in my blog:D.
Very elegant card, fantastic combo color, very striking, good job Laurie.
A hug from Palma de Mallorca Spain