Friday, September 6, 2013

Christmas Blessings


I LOVE this card. 

I don't even think I can give it away. 

Does that ever happen to you? Sometimes I make 2 of each card I really like, so I can keep one for myself.

But the problem is I can never make another EXACTLY like this one. The background is done with alcohol inks, and each card always comes out different.

A few of my friends are really into this technique, and invited me to play along one day. I had tried this one time a few years ago, at an SU workshop. 

I forgot how much fun it is! I love to see how each one comes out, and what the mixture of different colors looks like.

We made a ton of backgrounds, and then stamped on them in Stazon with some Serendipity stamps.

Here are a few links to check out the technique:

Stamps: serendipity winter town, SU Rejoicing in Christmas
Ink: ranger alcohaol inks, black stazon
paper: glossy white, white

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it too ! Gorgeous-It's a keeper Laurie that's for sure :)
Nessa xx

Aileen said...

I can see why you might want to keep this one Laurie. What a wonderful background for your scene. x

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

OMG! I think this card is so beautiful! I'm going to have to check out the technique. Thanks for sharing!