Monday, September 30, 2013

The Red Bridge


When I saw this stamp on sale, I knew I would buy it. It was a done deal. It reminded me of  the old red bridge in our town. 

I was feeling a bit sentimental about it, as they are going to tear it down and put up a new one, so I grabbed the stamp and made a set of these simple cards with it.

I can't tell you how many times I have walked or biked across that bridge. When the kids were little, I would take them to get a slice of pizza at the local pizza place. We would ask for it to go, and would take our lunch across the bridge to the park to eat and then play on the playground. We always had to stop to look at the river below. For many years I walked with school classes across the bridge on their field trips to the park. Our kids walked with their classes, too. Brent and I took many after dinner bike rides, always going across the red bridge. Lots of good memories....

We all are going to miss it!





You can read more about the bridge here.


Paper: white textured, white glossy, real red
Ink: black stazon
Stamps: Inkadinkado
Other: score pal

No comments: