Thursday, August 28, 2014

Farm fresh flowers....






Look close...

closer..

and you will see the daisy's in a jar on the stand below:




Here they are!





That's what I chose as my inspiration for my daisy card at the challenge over at  Just us Girls.

I love daisy's and yes, they are probably my favorite flower. Along with lilacs. And peonies. I do like pansies....Ok... so I have a lot of favorites, I can't decide. 

Flowers are all so beautiful!

I really liked the photo they chose for the challenge, I know I would stop to buy flowers from that cute stand. My problem would be deciding which ones!

My card is made with scrap pieces I found here and there. The daisy is from a box full of things I have cut out over the years. The checkered paper was in my scrap box. I used lilinkers stitched rectangles, and SU's small oval punch. The little banner peeking out from behind is from SU's bitty banners dies. The tiny sentiment is from Taylored Expressions many minis.

I tried my hand at twirling some twine to put behind the daisy like I have been seeing on quite a few cards lately. One loop slipped out and I decided I liked it that way, so I left it!

Have a great day!

11 comments:

Carole said...

Lovely card, so fresh and pretty, very classy as usual!!I like the twine loops,

Rachel Bergfeld said...

I love, love, love this card! Daises are my favorite flowers and pairing a daisy with gingham is so classic. This card screams sunshine to me!

Bonnie said...

This sweet daisy is perfect with the twine and gingham! Daisies are one of my favorites too.

Nancy said...

I love your card and yes I see the daisies in the vase. LOL Love your card and the loop that slipped out...looks great too! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Just Us Girls....hope to see more of your work soon!

Lisa Kind said...

I love how you found those daisies in this photo and used that as your inspiration! Your card is so fresh and pretty! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous daisy and use of the gingham. Love the yellow and white :) Great CAS card! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls.

Jenni's Jems said...

I really really like this card so fresh and sooo cas!and the twine just finishes it perfectly!x

Unknown said...

Love it. Cheerful. Brighten someone's day for sure. Thanks.

Unknown said...

So sweet and summery!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Fresh indeed! Love your white daisy with the angled gingham frame!

Darnell said...

Ah, you do make me sigh, Laurie! This is phenomenal! So crisp and clean and somehow you've managed a perfectly neat "messy" thread behind your sweet daisy!! Enjoy your weekend! Hugs, Darnell