Monday, November 10, 2014

Happy Wonderful Christmas!




Hi everybody!

 Today I'm happy to be a Guest Designer for Merry Monday! The challenge is to create a card with ornaments in silver and blue. 

That was easy with the Memory Box Cabrini ornament die!

I cut out a couple of ornaments with silver foil paper. Then I cut a couple more with Stampin Up's All is Calm designer paper,(LOVE THAT PAPER) and inlaid them in the silver ones. 

 I also cut out some snowflakes with Poppystamps Frozen Flakes border die...which I think is just a gorgeous die. I love the detail in the snowflakes, and they cut so crisp and clean. It belongs to a friend of mine, who let me cut out a few. It's now on my ever growing "gotta have this die" list!

The sentiment is my favorite for this Christmas, and I find myself reaching for it all the time. It's from Stampin' Up's Wondrous Wreath. I like the font, and well...Christmas is WONDERFUL, isn't it? Inside I stamped,"Rejoicing with you in the birth of Christ our Lord, and wishing you all the blessings of His love." That is wonderful...the birth of Christ our Saviour!

I also added some pearls and silver sequins, and backed the whole thing on SU's pool party card stock.

I think the color combo of blue and silver is SO pretty, be sure to head on over to Merry Monday and check out all the cards!





23 comments:

Cathy said...

Wonderful card, love the snowflakes and pretty baubles, Cathy x

Carole said...

Wow ...back to my favourite colours and another fabulous card from you. Those snowflakes are beautiful and clever baubles too...lets compare lengths of our wish list eh!!.......there is sooooooo much lovely stuff out there!! Hugs xx

Sarn said...

WOW . . .this is such a pretty card. Love the colours. Love the die cutting.xxx

Irene said...

Hello Laurie

A stunning and beautiful Christmas card.

What a clever idea with the baubles to paperpiece inside.

I absolutely love the snowflakes, I've not seen anything like them before.

And, I agree with you about the sentiment.

luv
irene
xxxx

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the pretty inlaid ornaments and snowflakes. TFS

Wanda Cullen said...

Absolutely stunning! Love the dimension and sparkle!

Marybeth said...

Congrats on your GD spot at Merry Mondays Laurie!
I love your gorgeous card and the Poppystamps die you used... this is so beautiful and elegant!

Katie Melhus said...

This is so pretty! All those delicate die cuts are wonderful :) So glad to have you with us this week as our Guest Designer!

Frenchie said...

Vary Beautiful Lori ,
THanks for sharing ,
Frenchie.

Kristie Goulet said...

So beautiful, Laurie! Love this ornament die and papers! So great having you as Guest Designer this week!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

What a pretty card you've created. Love the paper-piecing. Thanks for being our Guest this week!

Just Me said...

love your card...love the snowflakes and your ornament awesome

Bonnie said...

This is gorgeous, Laurie! I love all the texture with the dies and the ornaments are beautiful! A wonderful, beautiful message too! I'm so glad you could join our team this week!

Wendy said...

Such a gorgeous card, Laurie! I can see why you are our Guest Designer this week!! Just love how you did your ornaments with the shiny paper and beautiful All is Calm dsp! Fabulous job! :)

stampwithsandy said...

Laurie, you never cease to wow me! This card is AMAZING! So many delicious die cut layers and the perfect dose of silver shine!

Karren said...

Wow, this is stunning and I just love those die cut snowflakes. I just placed an order this morning for snowflake dies and I wish I'd seen this first LOL.

Laurie Unger said...

I really like this color combo - it's so fresh and clean!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous!! I love that sentiment!!!

Deanne :)

Ann said...

Beatiful card love all the texture and dimension definitely the belle of the ball!!

Claire Broadwater said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! This is stunning, Laurie! XX

Notes by Nina said...

Stunning card Laurie, you have so many beautiful details. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! You do some amazing work and we're so thrilled you were our guest designer at Merry Monday this week!!

Skylark said...

Stunning card Laurie. Love the colours and the MB die you've used. Stef x