Sunday, December 7, 2014

Paper Players..last challenge of the year!




It's the last challenge of the year over at The Paper Players! (until 2015 that is!)

 It's also the last challenge for me as a Guest Designer. I sure had lots of fun, and wish to thank everyone at PP for letting me play along the past 6 months. It's been awesome!

The challenge lasts for 2 weeks, so there is plenty of time to play along. Nance has a "black tie" theme for us," your fanciest or best holiday project."

I've been working on my gingerbread house cards, which I feel is my best and certainly most time consuming holiday project this year. There are SO many small pieces, but I just love cutting them all out and then putting the cards together when I am sitting in front of the TV. I think they are cute!



As you can see, I also added glitter. I used heat and stick powder, so that took some time, too. I made quite a few, changing each one up a bit..here is one I posted awhile ago:




I used a ton of dies for these, and I will list them below this post. I've been getting lots of emails about several of the dies I use and where to purchase them. I usually buy my dies at our local craft store, but most can be found online if you google the name. 

Head on over to The Paper Players and play along..I look forward to seeing what holiday creations everyone is making!

I also look forward to 2015 (not long now)  when Paper Players will be back with another year of fun challenges!


UPDATE:

I am also entering this at Poppy Stamps 
sparkle and shine challenge:

Challenge Badge copy




 Paper: SU real red, kraft, always artichoke, silver glitter, white, textured brown, tan, yellow, blue

Ink: SU black
Stamps:Taylored Expressions many minis
Dies: Elizabeth Balloons set,Lawn Fawn stitched hillside borders,Poppy Stamps cute cottage and small blooming poinsettia,Impression Obsession pine sprig cluster, Christmas icons, birch tree set
Other:pearls, buttons SU glitter, heat and stick powder



19 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

these cards look good enough to eat.
Perfect detail and fun for Christmas. x

Yapha said...

Oh, wow, Laurie, this is spectacular! What an amazing card! I've really enjoyed being a guest designer with you! Happy Holidays!

Claire Broadwater said...

Laurie, these cards are AMAZING!!!!!! WOW~~~~ all those little pieces! You are so creative and I have loved working with you! I would love to play in your craft room! You have the best collection of dies! XX

Carole said...

Beautiful creations...and such a lot of cutting and piecing! Good enough to eat!! ??

Darnell said...

Oh, I love your festively adorned gingerbread house and tree! What an awesome colorful and dimensional card!! You've been such a fantastic inspiration as GD at TPP, Laurie! Thank you!! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

I love your gingerbread houses, Laurie! You have gotten your money's worth out of these dies!

stampwithsandy said...

Laurie, these gingerbread houses are exquisite and belong in a frame! I can see how time consuming they must have been. I must say, I've really looked forward to seeing your creations each week and will miss having you on the team. Thank you so much for being part of our team, and big hugs!

Greta said...

Such adorable scenes you've made--these are wonderful, Laurie!

http://acraftynutter.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

I do love thus darling little house and your charming creation Laurie x

jaydee said...

Laurie, it has been great having you along as a GD these past few months. Thank you for your beautiful projects and inspiration. What a great way to finish off your time as a GD. I am in love with your gingerbread cards. Gorgeous.
Hugs
Jaydee

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Ohhh, so festive and detailed! Love this beautiful house, Laurie!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh wow, Laurie, these are fantastic! Each little piece of the puzzle is perfectly designed with just the right color and accent. The glittered snowy accents and hillside really ups the fancy factor! Thank you so much for your time as a GD--it has been a pleasure working with you and you've been a great asset to the team! ((hugs))

Marybeth said...

Laurie....this is GORGEOUS! So perfectly done! You should enter this in the Poppystamps challenge ...sparkel and shine! Love every detail!

Unknown said...

Adorable

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! These are simply adorable! Who wouldn't want to receive one of these in the mail! I have loved having you on the Design Team. I will miss you, and your fun and fresh cards...

Marybeth said...

Back again to say ,Thanks for joining us in the Poppystamps Challenge , When I saw your card I knew it would be perfect , good luck!

Andrea W said...

Awesome Gingerbread House cards Laurie! There are so many wonderful details and I can see how much love you poured into each card. I've really enjoyed getting to know you over the last six months as guest designers at The Paper Players. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

LeAnne said...

These are awesome cards, Laurie...such a labor of love, but SO worth the final product! So glad you were able to play with us these last six months!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW your card is stunning
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects