Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Paper Players sketch challenge



Hi everyone!

Sunday means time for The Paper Players and a sketch challenge from Jaydee:


I'm really into Valentines this month, so I made one for this challenge,too. I used Taylored Expressions,"Pieces of my Heart." This is such a cute little set! I had lots of fun with the puzzle piece die that comes with the stamps. For this card, I just added one white puzzle piece on top of the pink heart.

The patterned paper is actually a bit distressed...kind of hard to tell from this photo....it came that way. I really never do much distressing, but I do like the look. I also added a few sequins for a bit of bling.



Stamps: Taylored Expressions Pieces of my Heart set
Dies: Lil inker stitched rectangles, My favorite things stitched banners. TE Pieces of my Heart set
Paper and Ink: Stampin Up



15 comments:

Debbie Mageed said...

This is so cute! I love that heart and making one piece different is perfect. Now you have helped convince me that the stitched dies are a must-have. Love your card!!

Nance Leedy said...

What a great die & stamp set, Laurie! Love the sentiment and how you've paired it with the puzzle pieces. Just perfect for this sketch!!

Karren said...

The jigsaw puzzle die is so cool and just perfect for a Valentine card. Love that diagonally striped paper too! Gorgeous card!

Liz said...

Fabulous card! I love the heart die. xx

!neke said...

Just great!!!
Love your style!

Carole said...

This is very clever Laurie, very clever indeed. Lovely card as always, great take on sketch. xx

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Laurie! This is too cute! I LOVE the puzzle piece heart!

stampwithsandy said...

Laurie, I love this puzzle die, especially how you've completed it with one mis-matched color, and the sentiment so wonderful for a partner. A great Valentine and great take on the sketch.

Alina said...

such a beautiful card, Laurie, lovely colours!

Unknown said...

Laurie, such a bright and cheery valentine! Such a great die and sentiment!!

LeAnne said...

This is awesome! What a fun puzzle and the bright bold colors remind me of some Valentine candy!! Love the stitched borders and of course, the SEQUINS!

Claire Broadwater said...

I adore this puzzle die! You are so creative to put that white piece to complete the puzzle! Love the sequins! Such a fun card! XX

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a fun Valentine's Day card, Laurie! I love the heart puzzle and the gorgeous design in the paper. You can't help but smile when you see this card! :)

Jaydee said...

Laurie, I am obsessed with your jigsaw heart and love (pun intended) that you added one piece in white. It really emphasizes the sentiment and carries the white through to the DSP behind. Fabulous. Thank you for rocking my challenge this week
Hugs
Jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Apologies for my late commenting this week but to coin another famous phrase from the movie that your featured sentiment comes from, "You had me at hello"! Or should I say, jigsaw heart - this card is adorable and the sentiment paired with the heart makes this my favourite valentine card so far this year - I LOVE it!