Friday, March 13, 2015

Thanks!


Hi everyone!

I decided to try the " watercolor smooshing technique" over at Papertrey's Make it Monday challenge. I've done something similar to this before I guess, but on an acrylic block. This time I used a piece of acetate, and then smooshed the paper onto the color. You can watch the video here. It was fun!

I used some spring colors...SU's summer sun and strawberry slush. All the dies and stamps are from Papertrey.
I'm also entering this at Pixies' Snippet's Playground, as I did use some snippets for the flowers!

Have a great day!


Paper: SU summer sun and strawberry slush
Ink: SU black, summer sun, strawberry slush
Stamps: Papertrey Bitty Bouquets
Dies: Papertrey Oopsie daisy, mega stack, circle scribbles




5 comments:

Sarah said...

i love your beautiful card.x

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card! Love the inky background and gorgeous blossom!

Di said...

Wonderful car Laurie! I love the smooshing, that scribble die cut and the flower work so well together - plus the way you shaped the smooshed background is gorgeous!

Hugs

Di xx

Birgit said...

This came out beautifully! I love the colors and your fabulous layout!

Bonnie said...

Love these summery colors, Laurie! Bright and beautiful!