Thursday, June 18, 2015

Celebrate!



Hi everyone!

I've been watching the Summer School lessons over at My Favorite Things. The first class was on "lesson of thirds." I really enjoyed listening to the video, and found the information so interesting. I made a grid just like Kimberly had done, and have already been using it.



For this card I started out with some Lawn Fawn Beachside patterned paper...it has the sweetest little stars. Love this stuff!  I cut out some banners with my MFT pierced banner dies, and placed them on the first third of the paper.

 My focal point is the red glitter star which I backed on a MFT zig zag stitched circle. In the center I put a gold button cut out with MFT button dies. The tiny tag has the sentiment,"celebrate," from Lizzie Anne Tidbits. Behind the circle I adhered a MFT pierced fancy flourish

I'm entering this at:

The Male Room ( tiny tag)




 City Crafter Die cut gold ( button in center of star)



Lawn Fawn stars and stripes  (Lawn Fawn paper)





Paper: Lawn Fawn Beachside, SU white, real red, red and gold glitter paper
Ink: SU black
Stamps; Lizzie Anne Tidbits
Dies: MFT zig zag stitched circles, MFT pierced banners, buttons, MFT pierced fancy flourish ,SU tiny tag and star punch, MB cross stitched rectangles
Other: sequins


9 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely lovely!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Carole said...

Hi there Laurie...me back again!...you have been a busy bee. I really like this card for any age or gender............it's super...you are so clever at putting designs together and incorporating challenges too! In answer to your question ...create and craft is a TV shopping channel here and in the US ( I am sure you would be able to get it). They sell products obviously but have guests demoing the products at the same time. The 'ToDo' is a machine exclusive to them and newly launched...quite expensive but personal choice of course. Hope you manage to track the channel down...also available as an app.

Bonnie said...

Hooray for the red, white and blue! Love the red glitter!

*Vicki* said...

This is so awesome!! LOVE the patriotic colors and what a really COOL design!! Yes, I've been watching these videos as well and of course need to get with the class lessons and do my homework!! LOL!! Thanks for sharing this gorgeous design!

Andrea W said...

Very pretty card Laurie! I love all the wonderful die cuts you've used.

Liz said...

Gorgeous card. Great design and I love the colour combination. xx

Samantha Casey said...

Adorable card! I really love the layout of it! Thanks so much for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
-Samantha

Deborah Frings said...

Super card. I do like the papers, the texture and the embossed details. Such a cute tag too. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

Samra said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for joining CCCB this week!
Samra DT