Sunday, September 8, 2019

Color Challenge at The Paper Players



Hi everyone!

The color challenge from LeAnne at The Paper Players is:

 Merry Merlot, Pretty Peacock, Cajun Craze and a neutral 

Last winter I bought the set, "A Gnome Winter" from Picket Fence, and have been wanting to ink it up. Today was the day! I colored in the hat with the challenge colors and added an enamel dot in the center of the snowflake. I backed it on a Tutti Designs scalloped stitched rectangle, and stamped the sentiment from the same set on the bottom.

Then I cut out Tim Holtz thinlets Christmas plate from his new release. I found a soft grey wood grained background, and then adhered it onto a piece of the merry Merlot paper.


I had so much fun making this card...I love Christmas and I love gnomes!!

Supplies:
Paper: SU
Ink: Memento Black, copics
Stamps and Dies: Picket Fence A Gnome Winter, Tim Holtz
Other: enamel dot

Entering this at:

12 comments:

Anne Marie Hile said...

This little guy is TOO cute, Laurie! I love the die cut background, too. You just have to smile with this little gnome, he's so fun. Have a great day!

Wanda Cullen said...

These colors are so perfect for your adorable gnome! Sweet fun card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love that gnome and he works great on your CAS card design. You framed him beautifully too with all the various die cuts.

Su Mohr said...

I'm so glad you decided it was time to ink up this gnome! He is just too cute, and his cap is striking in these colors! I love the border too!

Jaydee said...

Laurie, this Santa just makes me smile. I love how you used the colors on him. Fabulous card, my friend.
Hope you are enjoying your fall weather
hugs
jaydee

Leslie Miller said...

Oh! This looks fantastic! I love the colorful gnome, and the die cut background is awesome!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Laurie your little gnome is just too cute!! I have a knitted gnome just like this that the lovely LeAnne made for me and your card so reminds me of him! Love the diecut frame too - your card has a real Scandi feel this week!

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh, Laurie! This gnome is adorable! And this die cut background is to die for! Thank you for rocking my color challenge this week!

Windy Ellard said...

Love the gnome santa and your coloring is beautiful. Just the best sentiment! Adorable card!

Di said...

What a fun card Laurie! I love how Santa's hat is only held up by his nose :) Totally adorable :)

Hugs

Di xx

Claire Broadwater said...

Laurie, this is so FUN! I love your little Gnome! He looks perfect in these colors! The background die is fabulous on the wood grained paper! Just WOW! I also love that sentiment! I need that one living in GA! Have a great rest of the week, My Friend! XX

Brent Scheffer said...

Very festive design is on Santa's hat. Superb! That for "cut-above" selection on PP458.