Sunday, April 11, 2021

The Paper Players Color Challenge



Hi everyone!!

I have a laptop again! YAY

I broke my laptop a few weeks ago and lost everything on it. Yikes what a mess it has been. Luckily I had scheduled posts way ahead. That really saved me.

PLUS we sold our home and are moving to a rental until we find something else. (getting ready for retirement in the next year) So I have begun downsizing. Wow that's harder than I thought. 30 years of memories.... and JUNK...lol!!!

Life has been turned upside down, so I apologize for not commenting as much as I used too. I also quit a few design teams, as blogging will get much less time. It was hard to do, but there is only so much time to go around.

We are excited for what the future may bring!

Back to cards!! 

Today Leanne has a color challenge for us at The Paper Players:


I used Frantic Stamper's rainbow to make my CAS card. I cut it out in the challenge colors, then stamped the sentiment from Taylored Expressions Rain or Shine stamp set.

11 comments:

LeAnne said...

I love this, Laurie! What a fun way to use these colors....and what a lovely sentiment! Good luck on the clean-out! It is exciting to have a new venture to look forward to....once it's all done, you'll be thrilled!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I love that rainbow die, and what great colors for it. Altogether a fabulous card with the heart and sentiment. It's scary stuff to think about what we can lose when our computers crash. You reminded me of a few things I need to do... We have been decluttering, simplifying, and remodeling so I know how time consuming it is. I hope you end up absolutely delighted with your move!

Amanda Mertz said...

Love that non-traditional colored rainbow. What a great card to show encouragement! Glad you got your new laptop and hope things begin to settle down for you! Enjoy the week!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome colors in the challenge and you used them beautifully on your card. And, I sympathize with the computer woes. And, for moving, I know I would be overwhelmed with all the things we have accumulated in the 50+ years in this house.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love those funky stitched rainbow dies Laurie - what a cute card! Yay for a new laptop too - and for downsizing! You will feel so good once you've accomplished it, I'm sure.

Ann Schach said...

Clean and perfect, Lauri! I love the rainbow...and the sweet sentiment. It's an awesome way to use the challenge colors. Oh my gosh, you have so much on your plate right now! But a new adventure is unfolding...and that is so much fun! Have a wonderful week!

Debbie Crowley said...

Love your simple and sweet rainbow, Laurie. My good thoughts are with you as you embark on your next journey. Enjoy your week.

Nancy said...

I have a rainbow die but now I like this one sooooo much better! This is a perfect CAS design!! Also, congrats on the new laptop but so very sorry that you lost everything. Totally stinks! Have a great week and don't work too hard!

Jaydee said...

Laurie, YAY to getting your new laptop - but commiserations on losing the data! I love that you took a different approach to rainbow and have the heart blue instead of the expected red. Such a fabulous CAS card
hugs
jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a fun and happy card, Laurie! Love it!

Claire Broadwater said...

Love the rainbow and the beautiful sentiment! You rocked the colors!