Sunday, September 19, 2021

Hocus pocus!




Claire has a new challenge for us at The Paper Players:

FALL FUN


Nothing more fun than Halloween in the fall! Especially a haunted house. 

BOO!

My kids loved making haunted houses in our basement. They would decorate and come up with spooky stations like peeled grapes for eyeballs. They would use ice cream pails, make an opening at the top so you could not see ....but are able to put your hand inside to feel. lol!  Creepy.

They would charge a small fee to neighborhood kids to come through.... so much fun and it was such a creative project. They would work for days planning it! There were also treats and prizes.

When I saw this die from Memorybox called Haunted Dome Layers.... I had to grab them!! Reminded me of their haunted houses.

Since this is a clean and simple challenge I did not use all the layers. Just the house. I sponged the background with some distress oxides and sprinkled with water, and added glitter to the windows, and a bow at the top. I stamped the sentiment along side, coloring in the small images with my copics. I made sure to leave lots of white space!

Here's a couple of the 3D tags I made with all the layers of dies:






7 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the haunted house die and all the projects made with it.

LeAnne said...

WOW, your background is amazing! I need a tutorial on that, it's just so cool! Makes a simple die look fabulous!

Anne Marie Hile said...

I just love Halloween and your card just makes me smile! That background is stunning and I especially love that sparkly detail. That haunted house die is awesome and I love those little ghosts on your tags, too.

Amanda Mertz said...

What a fun die for Halloween and I love the background colors! Spooky but not too spooky! Have a great week!

Ann Schach said...

WOW! The background for these haunted houses is fabulous, Lauri! I LOVE this die!!! Best Halloween tags ever! I also loved reading about your kids' haunted houses. What fun! Enjoy the rest of your week!

Jaydee said...

Laurie, what a fun story behind your purchase. How creative were your kids!!!! I love it. I also love the gorgeous background to your silhouetted haunted house. Fabulous card
hugs
jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

The background to your haunted house diecut really makes it standout Laurie and that sentiment made me smile! A fabulous CAS card - and I love those amazing tags too!